• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Is there a way to check if users have recorded their "self identification message"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn

Free User
Reaction score
it is my understanding that in order for the digital receptionist to be able to find persons in the company directory using their last name, the users needed to at minimum record their "self identification message" in their voicemail box options. So a user will not be in the company directory unless they have recorded their name.

1. Is this true?

2. If so, how can I check to see who has recorded their name and who has not (other than to call the digital receptionist and try everyone's last name).?

Thanks

Perhaps a feature request? An option to show all extensions, in red (or some other colour) that have not yet recorded their self ID message?

Reactions: Clint Reed
Maybe we should make a little free add-on to help manage this? What would you like for functionality? Perhaps we could optionally auto-create (using text-to-speech) a self identification message for each extension that doesn't have a self-identification message based on the extension's first and last name? Maybe optionally send emails to people who have forgotten to save their message? I'm open to suggestions.

Reactions: craigreilly
Matthew, make a CFD app that replaces the entire functionality and provides first and last name search, plays the name and extension number using text to speech and connects the call!

Any app that you would write to create the self-id.wav files would have to be re-run every time a name is changed or extension is added.

Reactions: sporter
My assumption was that this was for the initial setup of a new PBX, and only a stop-gap measure until everyone could setup their own recording, but you make a good point about needing to regenerate the message if a name changed. Regarding offering a alternate company directory feature, that might not be that much more work, but perhaps a little beyond the scope of the initial post :).... but that's an option too.

Reactions: CentrexJ
it is my understanding that in order for the digital receptionist to be able to find persons in the company directory using their last name, the users needed to at minimum record their "self identification message" in their voicemail box options. So a user will not be in the company directory unless they have recorded their name.

1. Is this true?

Yes a user must have a self identification message recorded for the feature to work.

2. If so, how can I check to see who has recorded their name and who has not (other than to call the digital receptionist and try everyone's last name).?
As mentioned there is no way to check this from the management console you will need to check the 3CX folder. On a windows server you can navigate to C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Ivr\Voicemail\Data and check if a file called self_id_prompt is present in each of the extension folders. The ones that do not have means they have not recorded their message. In linux the path is /var/lib/3cxpbx/Instance1/Data/Ivr/Voicemail/Data

And the dreaded feature of automatically going to an extension if only a single name matches...
it should always announce the name and asking caller to enter a digit to confirm.

And the dreaded feature of automatically going to an extension if only a single name matches...
it should always announce the name and asking caller to enter a digit to confirm.
I would recommend posting this as a feature request in the ideas section of the forum.

Reactions: sporter
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Imperial Treasure
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.