• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Ring only LAN connected hard phone when user in office

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cedric Malitte

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm testing the 3cx system before deploying on a few sites.

Is it possible to make only the hardware phone ring in office when a user who as also his account provisioned on his 3cx client on iphone, is in office ?
I want to avoid ringing both phones on the same extension as when you reject call on one, the other continues to ring.
But if user is out of office, iphone connected on any other network, it can ring on both.

I searched but I might not have the right terms to find how to configure this nor this is doable.

Thank you.

Not currently possible,

The only solution currently is to disable / unregister the account on iPhone when in the office

Hello @Cedric Malitte

Currently the only way to do this is by disabling the account when the user is in the office as mentioned. You could provide the users with separate accounts and use forwarding rules to forward calls to the iOS client when the user is not in the office.
So the user is in the office and his extension is set to available then the ip phone rings normally. When the user leaves the office the extension is set to Away and the calls are forwarded to a different extension on his iOS client

Thank you Saqqara and YiannisH.

Yes I thought about making extensions for the iPhone clients, but it would be so simple to have a IN/OUT of office based on presence of the mobile on site !
I will check what is best for my case.

Unfortunately, the only way the phone has of knowing that it is in the office, is the connection it is using. So..you could disable connecting to the local WiFi, but then the phone would simply attempt a connection over 3/4G.

Most users want to be reachable when they are out of their office/cubicle, but have their mobile with them, and are still in the building.

Unfortunately, the only way the phone has of knowing that it is in the office, is the connection it is using. [...]
Most users want to be reachable when they are out of their office/cubicle, but have their mobile with them, and are still in the building.

I totally understand, and that's why I would like to use the fact that the mobile is on the LAN, as presence.
Here, when users are not in their office/at their desk, means that they are out of the building or unable to answer.

That said, at least, I'd like to be able to mute the ringer/reject call, on all the phones linked to the same account when the call is rejected on one phone.

You can now set the ringtone to none on the iPhone with the latest client.

@vizualpro Thanks for suggesting this work-around.

We still need something more though. It is SO annoying to pickup your desk phone and the iOS client be one ring behind and still ring after you've picked up the phone!

The latest update this week for the iPhone app makes the phone stop ringing fast now when picked up elsewhere.

Before when you answered the desk phone the iPhone would ring several more times. Far less annoying now to be pretty much a non issue. Make sure your iPhone is running the latest update.

Reactions: YiannisH_3CX
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchofficees
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.