• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Microphone is not working with 3CX, but work with any other windows programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suly

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm having a issue with the 3CX client and that start to really annoying me.
No matter which headset and/or microphone that I plug on the computer I cant get the microphone working when I make call.

I tried to use my different headset, update the client, disable the antivirus and other. Nothing worked.

Is some of you have experienced something similar? It is possible that is an issue with some firewall rules? I dont really know what more I can try.

thank if some of you can help me.

@Suly
1 - what version is the client?
2 - Did you check in Settings/Audio Options/Audio Devices/Microphone to see if the headset is selected?
3 - Are you sure is a microphone problem and not a "one-way-audio" issue due to network configuration? Have you tried the echo service, *777?

Thanks for the reply,

1- The version is 15.5.10795.4 :
upload_2018-5-23_16-4-31.png
2- Yes the Audio settings are properly set :
upload_2018-5-23_16-3-1.png
3 - What you mean by the echo service? I never used any VOIP solution before that i'm not the person who configured the 3CX and the person is now fired.
The person who is using the apps was able to make call 2 weeks ago and when he came back the issue started.

I suspect that can be my firewall who block the outbound.

I should have said, I'm on windows 7 pro

Well I finally figured out why it wasn't working.

When the issue started to showing up, the first thing I did was to see if the firewall was blocking something, disabling the antivirus and disabling the webfilter. None of them have made a difference. The wierdiest was on my workstation everything was working, but on the regular workstation it wasn't.

Until I decided to remove completly the webfilter. Apparently, even if I disabled it was still blocking the song. I have made an exception for the application and now everything works fine.

If that could help someone else.

Well I finally figured out why it wasn't working.

When the issue started to showing up, the first thing I did was to see if the firewall was blocking something, disabling the antivirus and disabling the webfilter. None of them have made a difference. The wierdiest was on my workstation everything was working, but on the regular workstation it wasn't.

Until I decided to remove completly the webfilter. Apparently, even if I disabled it was still blocking the song. I have made an exception for the application and now everything works fine.

If that could help someone else.
How is that related to microphone not working?

Well the microphone wasn't working at all with 3CX and only with 3CX. I tried a call with skype and other things like that and everything worked fine.

The firewall wasn't causing any problem (I tried the firewall checker for 3CX).

I said it was a webfilter, but it's a bit more than just that, we use something called censornet

The problem with 3CX Client for Windows and audio still persists with the latest Windows 10, latest 3CX and latest 3CX client for Windows.
3CX Client for Windows is the only application that is problematic.

Just for the record, no - it does not show in microphone privacy permissions.

I have exactly the same issue, which is really annoying and results in me being unable to use my 3CX Windows app. My Microsoft microphone headset is brand new and works perfectly with Skype and other programs. Sometimes it works OK, sometimes it doesn't. I have the same problem with 3CX iphone app. I can hear other people, and they do not hear me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samuel_1997
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.