• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Yaelink T46S Will not Provision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Valentine

Silver Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Good afternoon,

Remote Phone
YaelinkT46S
Firmware 66.82.0.20
Phone has had firmware updated to the 3cx vs 66.82.0.20 - then factory reset phone.

Dashboard reports....
3CX Phone System Management Console ID: 10018
RPS request for Yealink T46S IP Phone of XXX (0000) delivered successfully

MAC Address of phone is correct, been tripple checked.
so the RPS request is going through, I have plugged in the provisioning link from the Extension tab "phone provisioning" Pointed the provisioning method to Direct SIP (Stun - Remote)

Server is on a premise box, firewall checker passes.

I cannot get this phone to bring me to the username/password login screen.

Any thoughts?

-Kevin

When you say 'I have plugged in the provisioning link from the Extension tab "phone provisioning" Pointed the provisioning method to Direct SIP (Stun - Remote)' - what did you exactly do. as you do not enter anything to the phone gui to get username and password.

Couple of things to check

IP address have not been blacklisted
Https port is open on the firewall

More info on provisioning the phone - https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/yealink-t4-series/

This is a brand new deployment, nothing has been blacklisted.

What I mean, is sign into yaelink phone interface -> Settings -> AutoProvision -> ServerURL (https://fqdn.3cx.us:5001/provisioning/xxxxxxxxxx) ->Confirm -> AutoProvision now.

443 is open as well as 5001

Hello @Kevin Valentine

Please note that when provisioning a phone using RPS you should not need to use the provisioning link to provision the phone. Once you set the phone up in the management console and you see the confirmation that the RPS request was sent successfully you just need to restart the phone.
If the phone can successfully contact the Yealink RPS server then you should be prompt to input a username and password for the phone to provision.
Make sure that the option "Disallow use of extension outside the LAN" is not checked under extension settings / Options.
https://www.3cx.com/3cxacademy/videos/intermediate/configuring-remote-extensions/

Hi YiannisH, I have seen that exact situation before with another client, and the resolution was to uncheck that box. Unfortunetly that is not the case here. I have factory reset again to remove the provisioning link in the phone interface, and rebooted the phone. The dashboard is still reporting a successfull RPS request, however the phone still doesn't want to cooperate.

I will say the difference between these clients is the one i was able to fix before was communicating w/ a hosted server, where this server is premise based.

After you reboot the phone and it does not prompt you for a username or password enter the web interface of the phone and navigate to Settings / Auto provision and check the server url field. Do you see anything there?
Also is this a custom or a 3CX fqdn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.