• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Recording 'trick' stopping DTMF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brant Y

Reaction score
Server Version 15.5 SP4 Enterprise License.

I have a client that wants external inbound calls recorded throughout the path taken by the call but doesn't want all extension recorded nor outbound calls recorded.

1. I created an extension that I set to record. (750)
2. In the "Mobile Number" field of 750, I enter the ring group I want called. (800)
3. I enabled "Ring My Mobile Simultaneously" and "Accept Multiple Calls" for ext 750.

No matter who picks up from ring group 800 and not matter where they transfer, the call is recorded in its entirety. It is exactly what my client wants. This also works when I point 750 to an extension or a queue.

Enter the "Problem"...

If I then point extension 750 to a Digital Receptionist (850), the DTMF tones do not trigger the options for routing out of the Digital Receptionist. I have called in from a cell phone and my desk phone. I can dial the DID assigned to 750 or 750 directly from an internal extension and have the same issue. I can dial the Digital Receptionist directly (850) and my DTMF tones work with no issue.

There is no phone provisioned to my recording extension (750) so I am not sure if any changes I am making to it with regards to DTMF mode or Codecs are even making a difference. (I have tried them all)

MSADDRFC2833FORINBANDDTMF is enable (set to 1) in my Parameters for the server.

I have a mixture of Yealink 4 series phones all on the latest firmware.

Any suggestions?

Thank You.

Hello @Brant Y

Please note that if you use the option "Ring My Mobile Simultaneously" to forward the calls to a digital receptionist DTMF tones will no work and this is by design.
The reason this doesn't work is because of the 3CX mobile agent function where you can perform some actions if the call is forwarded to a actual mobile device. More info on that here.
So the PBX on that situation is able to receive DTMF tones from the mobile device but intercepts any DTMF tones to the mobile device.
If you forward the call using exceptions of forwarding rules (without Ring my Mobile Simultaneously) then this would work.

Thank you for the reply @YiannisH_3CX,

That is working! I thought I had tried that with no luck before. Maybe I missed a setting that stopped that from working.

Brant

@YiannisH_3CX

Sorry, I spoke too soon. I had enable recording on the extension I used to pick up the call. Now that it is off, I am not getting the recordings coming through extension 750 using the exceptions for forwarding rules.

750 is simply forwarding the call on to my IVR and leaving the call. That is the reason I was using the "Ring my mobile simultaneously" option as it kept 750 engaged in the call and therefor recording.

Using Exceptions seems to have the same outcome. The call simply gets sent where I tell it to and 750 is no longer involved in the call to be able to record.

Last edited:
Hi @Brant Y

Please note that i was referring to DTMF not working with the method you were using and the suggested method was to have the DTMF working. You are correct that recordings will not work when using the forwarding rules or exceptions as the dummy extension is no longer involved in the call.
However DTMF tones will never work if you are using the "Ring my mobile simultaneously" option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.