• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Provisioning of Grandstream 2170 Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maykel Constantin

Reaction score
cant get GXP2170 to provision on a new install system i try everything and nothing they only wait is adding manually the username and password on the phone and gets connected but nothing works i dont have any firewall on.. Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Hello @Maykel Constantin

Please provide some information regarding your installation. What version is the PBX? Also is it a cloud or a local installation? Is the phone local to the PBX or remote?
https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/grandstream-gxp21-series/
Local install, 0 firewall i did like 500 time whatever is on that link pbx version 15.5 and its remote ext.. its look like the phone never send the request to the pbx the only way i get connected is by adding the sip account manually on the phone.

First thing to do is check that you pass the firewall checker. Once you do make sure that the phone is on the supported firmware and to provision it again. Make sure that under the extension settings / Options the option "Disallow use of extension outside the LAN" is nor enabled.
https://www.3cx.com/3cxacademy/videos/intermediate/configuring-remote-extensions/

Thank, i did that i download the support firmware all my ports are open i dissable that options under options on each extentions and still cant get the phone to provision to the pbx. :(

How did you setup the phone under the extension settings? Did you select the provisioning method to be STUN? If so press OK on the extension and navigate back to Dashboard. Do you see the RPS request successfully sent?
If so then restart the phone and check if it asks for credentials

How did you setup the phone under the extension settings? Did you select the provisioning method to be STUN? If so press OK on the extension and navigate back to Dashboard. Do you see the RPS request successfully sent?
If so then restart the phone and check if it asks for credentials

Thank you so much!!! got it to work!!!

Questions.. why on Phone is shwoing two time the extentions? I got 4 extention on the same ip office.. and on tje 3cx showing all ext with the same ip then when i call some ext right some problem with the nat? Because is not giving me the local ip?

Please help

These are line keys to enable the phone to handle multiple calls and you to be able to easily switch between them and perform attended transfers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.