• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

sipgate.co.uk and 3cx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will Sankey

Reaction score
Hi, I am hosting my own 3CX server and I have a sipgate (UK) phone number.

I only want to use this number for incomming calls.
I have set up 3cx and sipgate using Generic SIP trunk and it says its connected (green dot). However when I try to dial my number I am getting a "number is invalid"

I have 3cx client on my phone which is working as i am able to access voicemail. Can anyone help at all? This is a fresh installation so the only things that have been done is adding the Generic SIP trunk and the 3CX client on my mobile phone.

Hi Will,

Is this provider IP authenticated or Registration based ? if IP authenticated then the dot will come up green regardless (as it does not perform a registration process). If IP authenticated you will need to open up the firewall for the providers public IP address.

Have you run the firewall checker as well from the 3CX system - does it all pass ?

It is registration based. Not IP based. I have run the firewall check and the only issue i can see is the "detecting SIP ALF... not detected" Everything else passes with green "done"

This is what 3cx is showing...

Attachments

• 2018-06-17 17_52_31-51.15.156.14 - Remote Desktop Connection.png
    2018-06-17 17_52_31-51.15.156.14 - Remote Desktop Connection.png
    15.4 KB · Views: 9
SIP ALG should be "not detected " and the red trunk on your dashboard is normal if you are using an un-supported SIP trunk provider with 3CX.

Is there anytime showing in the activity log?

You should check if the call is reaching your PBX. You can run a wireshark capture to help you determine that. If the call is not reaching your PBX then you should contact your provider and ask them what they are seeing on their end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.