• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

windows client keeps disconnecting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leon Zetekoff

Reaction score
the windows client keeps disconnecting and I have to reconnect it. see attached.
3cx-windows-disconnect.png

this is getting quite annoying that it keeps disconnecting....any ideas?

I am guessing that the client disconnects from the presence. A common reason I have seen is Firewall software on either the 3CX Client PC or the 3CX Server. If you have such software remove it temporarily at least to see if that is what is causing it.

Also where is the 3CX Server, on the same LAN where the 3CX Client is?

server is up on vultr. client is all over on my laptop. from the hotel I stay in to my home right now and it keeps disconnecting. I use AVG Ultimate on my machine when I get back to the hotel tonight I can test this but I don't think this is the problem. thanks

update - back home windows client still quite often disconnects. my watchguard should not be the problem since it disconnects elsewhere. AVG has that app allowed. Any ideas?

Thanks leon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.