• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Support of Phonebook for Gigaset N510/N720

Marcel Odermatt

Gold Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Phonebook browsing of the 3CX-Phonebook is a must.

Upvote 7
If you configure LDAP as the data source for the 3cx phonebook (with PRO) you can configure the N510/N720 to the same LDAP source..?

Yes, we know. Unfortunatly the is no possibility tho confgure LDAP on the 3CX on Linux.

My apologies - I had no idea that limitation existed! Well, as an alternative, have you considered exporting the 3cx phonebook and converting it to an an LDIF which you could import into an LDAP server creating a "phone contacts" OU for the Gigasets to use?

I tried. But the solutions for a simple LDAP server are rare. So i gived up on that. But if you have a simple Solution, i'm open for every input...

We use our existing AD infrastructure to provide LDAP functionality to the Gigasets…

I just had a quick look - have you considered installing openldap on your 3cx Debian and using slapadd etc to import contacts into it? I know it seems like overkill but it's always nice to give extra functionality to handset users :)

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCTECHZONE
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.