• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

OpenCNAM Integration Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

LR2

Customer
Reaction score
We just updated to Update 5 and added opencnam. However, we are experiencing some issues.

Issues:
1. When an inbound call occurs a new contact is created via the opencnam integration. This contact is correct. However, every time we get a new call the contact is replaced. So at any given time there is only 1 "CRM" contact in 3CX and it is always the last person who called. I am not sure if this contact is being overwritten or deleted when the new one is made.
2. The caller ID does not show up on our desk phones. (it is blank where the caller name should be). If the same caller calls in quick succession it will show their name on the second call.

Notes:
1. We are using Yealink T58 desk phones.
2. Latest version of 3CX Update 5.
3. Latest Twilio trunk template.

Reactions: MARLEY JAFFE
Hello @LR2,

1. When an inbound call occurs a new contact is created via the opencnam integration. This contact is correct. However, every time we get a new call the contact is replaced. So at any given time there is only 1 "CRM" contact in 3CX and it is always the last person who called. I am not sure if this contact is being overwritten or deleted when the new one is made.
Please go to Settings > CRM Integration > Server side tab > and you should see an update for EveryoneAPI. Please download it so you get the fix for this. Please note that 3CX implements the integration with EveryoneAPI instead of OpenCNAM, due to a terms of service limitation (3CX can't store the contacts retrieved from OpenCNAM). Your OpenCNAM account can be used with EveryoneAPI without any problem.

2. The caller ID does not show up on our desk phones. (it is blank where the caller name should be). If the same caller calls in quick succession it will show their name on the second call.
This is because you need to use the 3CX Web Client to see the name change the first time a customer calls you. When 3CX receives a call from a contact for the first time, it performs the lookup in EveryoneAPI. This takes a few milliseconds, but that's long enough to not having the contact name when the call is sent to the extension. As a result, in your deskphone you will probably not see the caller name. But the 3CX Web Client will show it. For subsequent calls from this contact, 3CX will send the caller name immediately, as it is already in 3CX Contacts.

Kind regards.

Hello @edossantos,

I do not see an option for EveryoneAPI. Is this available yet? See screenshot showing that I have updated all the server side crm integrations already.

Thanks.

Attachments

• 2018-06-18 11_17_28-Window.png
    2018-06-18 11_17_28-Window.png
    19 KB · Views: 15
Restart the 3CX Management Console service, so it refreshes the templates from the updates server.

@edossantos,

I restarted all services and the EveryoneAPI template is still not showing.

Also, the opencnam template is no longer available.

Thanks.

Please try now again, it seems the server had a long cache and you were not getting the latest version of the files. But now I can see the update from here.

@edossantos,

I just tried it and got an error message:
"The file 'crm/opencanm.xml' is not a valid xml file"

I reboot management services as well and still get the error.

EDIT: I was able to install it finally. I will test it out.

Last edited:
Yes, there was a typo in the file name, thanks for pointing that out. Now it's been solved, please give it a try and let us know in case of having any issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.