• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Parking Orbit / Switchboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Valentine

Silver Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Does anyone know how to manage user extensions with access to switchboard? Meaning if I have the receptionist softphone in windows, and I click the 3 dots at the top -> Receptionist View. Here I thought I was supposed to see all calls. Obviously I'm missing something because it only shows active calls on their phone.

How do I give them access to see all calls in the company that are currently parked? I also need to give some other people access.

Basically, how do I see the parking lot, so when end users use their softphone via windows or the switchboard, they can see whose parked and in which orbit?

Thanks, thats 50% of what i needed so i appreciate it. I have been using manager extensions so I see what you are talking about and the fact it's parked. But how can i tell which Orbit/Slot it's in....

right now EX) Callee [*0] Details, External Call, Parked

*Side note, I parked by dialing *02 so the call should have been in Orb 2, however i was able to get the call out on another extension by dialing *1 and thats it, it connected me to the parked call. Unless I'm missing something, I thought i should have had to dial *12 to get the call out of Orb 2

You know you are using the depreciated approach to parking calls right? You should be using a BLF key for park, unless your phones don't have programmable buttons. The old legacy approach is only there for backward compatibility. But you probably already know that and have a reason for doing it this way (wireless phones for example).

yea there are executives that exclusively use softphones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.