• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

It's here! Update 5 brings even less PBX Admin

nb

Support Team
Reaction score
We recently released the BETA of v15.5, Update 5 and the feedback we received was very positive. Partners and users alike enjoyed the improvements we made in this update as well as the new features we have added. In case you missed the BETA, below is a synopsis of what is included in this update:

Improved server side CRM integration[/HEA...​

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

There is also an updated firmware for Grandstream phones but there's no release notes. What is new?

Reactions: craigreilly
Hi,

There is also an updated firmware for Grandstream phones but there's no release notes. What is new?
Hi Frederick,
The most important update in the new firmware versions is the TLS v1.2 support. This will allow users to use the "PCI compliance SSL Transport and Ciphers" for the Grandstream phones too.
Also, Grandstream team is fixed some DST and BLF provisioning issues.
I'm suggesting you to use the latest Grandsteram firmware versions together with SP5 update of 3CX Phone System version 15.5

Reactions: ConceptsWeb
Good to know! I already done the updates! I just wish we had more settings from the phone provisioning tab, GS phones are limited like we can't configure the Weather or the wallpaper easily. Also configuring softkeys would be nice too!

Reactions: nb
Good to know! I already done the updates! I just wish we had more settings from the phone provisioning tab, GS phones are limited like we can't configure the Weather or the wallpaper easily. Also configuring softkeys would be nice too!

Nice one with weather!!!! Put it on the ideas.. I'm not sure I've seen this there!!!
To do the weather, from where I stand, I see one question that is required. The locale decision on whether to use degrees of Fahrenheit. post it yes - nice one!!!!

Hi Frederick,
The most important update in the new firmware versions is the TLS v1.2 support. This will allow users to use the "PCI compliance SSL Transport and Ciphers" for the Grandstream phones too.
Also, Grandstream team is fixed some DST and BLF provisioning issues.
I'm suggesting you to use the latest Grandsteram firmware versions together with SP5 update of 3CX Phone System version 15.5

Does this mean that SIP TLS and SRTP are now implemented or just TLS provisioning?

Thanks

Chris

Does this mean that SIP TLS and SRTP are now implemented or just TLS provisioning?

The way we like to go with security is: it should be there out of the box. However in our process we needed to hold and work with ip phone vendors to allow a correct end to end process. As the recent updates of the PBX have shown, we enabled the sip core by default to provide SIPs connectivity. Now we hardened the HTTPs interface (for which we needed the new firmwares) to comply with PCI. Finally we are in a position to resume work on SIPs provisioning and processing.

SRTP has nothing to with this, therefore I leave it out.

Nice one with weather!!!! Put it on the ideas.. I'm not sure I've seen this there!!!
To do the weather, from where I stand, I see one question that is required. The locale decision on whether to use degrees of Fahrenheit. post it yes - nice one!!!!

The city code would be nice to change also because I live near Montreal, CA and it gives me Los Angeles based on my IP address so..

The way we like to go with security is: it should be there out of the box. However in our process we needed to hold and work with ip phone vendors to allow a correct end to end process. As the recent updates of the PBX have shown, we enabled the sip core by default to provide SIPs connectivity. Now we hardened the HTTPs interface (for which we needed the new firmwares) to comply with PCI. Finally we are in a position to resume work on SIPs provisioning and processing.

SRTP has nothing to with this, therefore I leave it out.

OK, thanks. I understand there is a work around by enabling SRTP and SIP TLS in the 3cx client provisioning, but as you say out of the box is really what it needs to get to. Will this be in SP6?

OK, thanks. I understand there is a work around by enabling SRTP and SIP TLS in the 3cx client provisioning, but as you say out of the box is really what it needs to get to. Will this be in SP6?

I can't tell if this will be in SP6 or later.

Have you considered implementing opus for the recordings?
I've been using it with a 12kbps vbr and I end up with a reduction by a factor of 10 with close to no perceived reduction is quality.
A nice plus is that opus is supported in at least webkit based browser (chrome, opera, vivaldi), firefox, microsoft edge, safari, android and ios .
In addition to that the file format has support to include meta information, could be useful?

Why has starting and stopping call recording become an enterprise only feature. We could use this until this update.

Surely if you are removing functionality there should be a warning prior to upgrade.

Is this an error???

Why has starting and stopping call recording become an enterprise only feature. We could use this until this update.

Surely if you are removing functionality there should be a warning prior to upgrade.

Is this an error???

You understood this wrong. The new function is that you can forbid someone to start or stop recordings. This is in some businesses needed for compliance reasons. All versions under enterprise cannot control if this and every user can still start and stop recordings at will.

Seems to have an issue after updating, phones behind SBC are all connected and working OK, extensions are green, but in webclient they just have phone not connected.

I saw a post about upgrading debian PBX Express needing to have a Sudo apt get ..................... to do Service pack 5 upgrade but i can not find it again? anyone know the link or the complete Sudo string?

Since the latest updated (during the night between Monday 18 and Tuesday 19 June Italian time) we cannot use the webclient because does not recognize (Phone Not Connected) anymore the IP phone (Yealink T21P E2), does somebody else reported the same issue?
I have tried all possible solutions, reset to default the phone, update firmware, provision again but nothing the webclient does not link to the phone.
The 3CX Windows client is working fine, but the interface is so poor compared to the webclient.
We have an onsite 3CX server with phones connected on the internal net only, so is not a problem with firewall.

Last edited:
Seems to have an issue after updating, phones behind SBC are all connected and working OK, extensions are green, but in webclient they just have phone not connected.

it seems we have the same problem, i just wrote the above post.

Great, problem solved

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quantinium
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.