• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX 15.5 SP5 and T58 - Not updating firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marari

Silver Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
I have a T58 on the network that is running the stock 58.80.0.25. With the new 3CX to SP5, the T58's firmware is no longer valid and it asks me to update to 58.80.0.60 which I attempt to do through the phone management screen.

I get the confirmation that the update is being downloaded and the phone will reboot, however, it's been over an hour already and the phone hasn't done anything.

I've gone to Yealink's product page for the T58 thinking I would just manually upgrade the phone's firmware and the most recent firmware on Yealink's site that I can find is 58.80.0.40. There is no .60.

http://support.yealink.com/documentFront/forwardToDocumentDetailPage?documentId=156

If there's a custom firmware update that 3CX has, can I get a link to it so I can manually update the phone?

Update is complete. Had to manually update via the downloaded firmware (thanks for the reminder about the link @Saqqara!)

All is working.

I've gone to Yealink's product page for the T58 thinking I would just manually upgrade the phone's firmware and the most recent firmware on Yealink's site that I can find is 58.80.0.40. There is no .60.

http://support.yealink.com/documentFront/forwardToDocumentDetailPage?documentId=156

If there's a custom firmware update that 3CX has, can I get a link to it so I can manually update the phone?

I did the same check. So would be good to know if this was some sort of custom firmware? Also Marari do you randomly get audio issues such as the person talking sounds far away on the T58? So far the only fix I have found is to reboot the phone.

Hi All,

Please be noted that we have a new FW update for the Yealink T56A and T58 models - 58.80.0.65 version.
The latest supported FW files for all supported phones you can find here:
https://www.3cx.com/support/phone-firmwares/

You can find the 3CX supported FW versions on the Yealink web site here (Software tab):
https://www.yealink.com/products_48.html

We already informed Yealink guys to update the page. Thanks for your reminder.

Reactions: limaecho
Please be noted that we have a new FW update for the Yealink T56A and T58 models - 58.80.0.65 version.

Thanks Aram - plan to update this weekend. Do you have the "whats new" in this firmware specially in terms of 3cx? Or is it just the addition of the additional EXP50?

We already informed Yealink guys to update the page. Thanks for your reminder.

Thanks for that.

I did the same check. So would be good to know if this was some sort of custom firmware? Also Marari do you randomly get audio issues such as the person talking sounds far away on the T58? So far the only fix I have found is to reboot the phone.

I've found that under .25 the phone was consistently reporting "Network Unstable". A reboot didn't do much to help, but sound quality was spotty at best - and only with the T58. The T42, T29G and T27 were all fine.

I've found that under .25 the phone was consistently reporting "Network Unstable". A reboot didn't do much to help, but sound quality was spotty at best - and only with the T58. The T42, T29G and T27 were all fine.

How were you checking the "Network Unstable" ?

How were you checking the "Network Unstable" ?

The phone would display that message across the top of the LCD screen when in use. Usually at the start of the call, but I've seen it a few times after the call has gone on for a bit. Doesn't much matter if it's an inbound or outbound call.

Thanks Aram - plan to update this weekend. Do you have the "whats new" in this firmware specially in terms of 3cx? Or is it just the addition of the additional EXP50?

Thanks for that.

The most important update in the new 58.80.0.65 firmware version is the TLS v1.2 support. This will allow users to use the "PCI compliance SSL Transport and Ciphers" for the Yealink (new generation) phones too.
Additionally the Yealink guys have fixed the "slow CTI dialing" and "Power LED blinking" issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.