• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved 3CX 15.5 SP5 - Firewall checker wants to scan 1744 ports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marari

Silver Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
After doing a fresh install of 3CX 15.5 with SP5, when I run the firewall checker, it wants to scan 1,744 (9000-10743) ports as part of the media checker.

Prior to the SP5, I ran a server with SP4 and the FW configured to allow UDP traffic through to the server on ports 9000-9500 as per the firewall config guide. I have 8 SC. The most I've ever used at one time is 4 SC.

Everything worked fine up until the SP5 install.

Recently, the number of ports has increased dramatically. It doesn't mean you will use them all. If they are enabled in 3CX, then they should be forwarded or, if selected you won't have audio.
https://www.3cx.com/docs/ports/

the setup of the PBX is made to one install fits all.
From a 4SC until 1024SC all call ports are covered now. Yes the port range is bigger now then before (attention existing installs do not alter the port ranges) but as the ports sleep in general there is nothing to worry about.

Has any one got the Firewall Checker to pass with all these ports?

I've just updated our first system and have updated the firewall to match, but it's still failing from port 9501 on wards.

Should there be another change inside 3CX that wasn't performed by the upgrade?

pact, my install is fresh so it is not the upgrade causing the problem.

As it turns out, so is ours.

Which ports are failing specifically with your test?

ah, well glad its working for you now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.