• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Prefix to call from specified Trunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

seantp

Customer
Reaction score
I'm trying to get my phone system configured so I can use a prefix to dial out a specified trunk that uses the Caller ID I want. I just can't get it to work

06/19/2018 1:43:30 PM - Exception: ParseException E:\jenkins\workspace\15.5SP4\SPBuild\Sources\3rdParty\Resiprocate\rutil/ParseBuffer.hxx:230, Parse failed unexpected eof in context:
^
@ E:\jenkins\workspace\15.5SP4\SPBuild\Sources\3rdParty\Resiprocate\rutil/ParseBuffer.hxx:230

I have outbound rules for my main line, below those are outgoing rules set to with a prefix of 8 with the 1st route using the trunk I want. I strip the 1st digit off and I've tried changing the number length to include the prefix and not. Nothing seems to work. Others have explained this is how I can to call out with another Caller ID.

You need to reverse the order of the outbound rules, the prefix rule has to be above your main line. Use the 'move up' and 'move down' to rearrange the rules

The rule will be Calls to numbers starting with prefix 8, delete digit 1 , route down correct sip

Outbound rules are processed from the top to bottom

That worked. Prefix rules run first, the number length has to count the prefix and I also had to prepend a plus for the call to work.

Glad to see the issue has been resolved and thank you for updating the thread with your solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boykins_54
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.