• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Custom CRM API

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick G

Reaction score
Hello,

I am trying to configure an XML template for Call Journaling which I copied below. It says to see the Zoho and Freshdesk templates for an example of this but when I look at those templates I do not not see any ReportCall Scenarios. Can you please provide an example of how I can set this up and send the variables that are mentioned below to the custom API. Thank you.

Call Journaling
3CX PhoneSystem supports reporting external calls to CRM. To support call journaling one needs to create scenario with a reserved name “ReportCall”. You can skip <Rules/> and <Outputs/> nodes. In this scenario one can use additional variables:
  • CallType - Type of a call, can be Inbound, Outbound, Missed, Unanswered
  • Number - external contact number dialed or calling
  • Name - external contact display name dialed or calling how it is known inside 3CX PhoneSystem
  • Agent - number of 3CX PhoneSystem extension handling the call
  • Duration - duration of a call in a format hh:mm:ss
  • DateTime - Local start time of a call formatted in 3CX PhoneSystem culture.
  • CallStartTimeUTC - UTC start time of a call as an object which can be formatted as user wants.
  • CallStartTimeLocal - Local start time of a call as an object which can be formatted as user wants.
Example see Zoho and Freshdesk templates.

Reactions: Mykhailo
You need to get the templates from the Update 5 beta. These have not been released in the stable channel yet.

Instead of burying this in templates, could I request that this scenario example be added to the documentation so that we can understand what we are setting up? Thank you.

Yes, we will improve the documentation to explain this better. Thanks for your feedback.

Is there a new 3cx Server Side Template Generator? The current one does not seem to work with the new templates (it generates a null reference excpeption). Thank you.

Not yet, we will be releasing it soon. Meanwhile you will need to work with a text editor, and test it using the console, which now allows you to test and shows all the logs.

From the 3CX Console > Settings > CRM Integration > Server side tab.

Ensure that you have upgraded your 3CX to v15.5 Update 5.

You need to make real calls for that.

Yes, we will improve the documentation to explain this better. Thanks for your feedback.
Hi! where i can find any example or manual for creating Call Journaling xml template. I have installed "Standart Annual" ver - 15.5.0 but cant find Zoho and Freshdesk templates. Thank you.

Hi! where i can find any example or manual for creating Call Journaling xml template. I have installed "Standart Annual" ver - 15.5.0 but cant find Zoho and Freshdesk templates. Thank you.
Please note that CRM Integration templates are available for PRO or above licenses. If you've a STD license, you will not be able to work with CRM integration...

Said this, if you upgrade your license to PRO, you will see the Zoho and Freshdesk templates in the 3CX Console > Settings > CRM Integration > Server side tab.

Kind regards.

in the template example, there are parameters 'passes' = 0 or 2, I'm guessing it refers to decoding [variables]. since some variable has "[foobar]" as values.

passes = 0 no
passes =2 pass twice.

The "passes" attibute indicates how many times the engine needs to evaluate the expression. This is because we use nested expressions there, for example, here we tell the engine that the text needs to be taken from variable [InboundCallText]:
Code:
<Value Key="description" Passes="2" If="[CallType]==Inbound">[[InboundCallText]]</Value>

However, that variable is set to:
Code:
<Parameter Name="InboundCallText" Type="String" Title="Answered Inbound Call:" Default="[DateTime]: Answered incoming call from [Number] [Name] to [Agent] ([Duration])" />

So it includes other nested variables. Then, we need to evaluate the expression twice, the first time to get the contents of [InboundCallText], and then to get the value of each value inside ([DateTime], [Number], [Name], [Agent], [Duration]).

Kind regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iTVerse
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.