• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Delay Welcome Email

Status
Not open for further replies.

dOPELELE

Reaction score
for testing reasons i want to import some extions via AD into our 3cx, but i dont want to my
colleagues to receive the welcome email yet. is there a way to not send the welcome email and delay it to a later date?

best regards

The email is not sent until you click on 'Welcome Email', at least this is how it works when you create an extension manually.

at user creation is send, how about you enter (given you have a Pro or Ent lic) an invalid SMTP server?

Reactions: accentlogic
at user creation is send, how about you enter (given you have a Pro or Ent lic) an invalid SMTP server?

Exactly what we just did. Set the STMP server to an invalid setting, make sure it fails tests. Import the extensions, set SMTP back to valid.

Welcome emails go out when manually creating extensions or importing them, if they have an email address.

On small systems we setup the extension, save, it, go back and add the email address.

sorry but I think I was sleeping....

Settings --> Email --> Notification.
Disable: Notify user when extension is added

Reactions: ConceptsWeb
sorry but I think I was sleeping....

Settings --> Email --> Notification.
Disable: Notify user when extension is added

just wanted to post that aswell :D
thanks, problem solved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCTECHZONE
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.