• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3cx windows client window not visible on the desktop after update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diego Campagna

Customer
Reaction score
Someone locked my original post so I'm starting a new one. for background information refer to

https://www.3cx.com/community/threa...visible-in-on-the-desktop-after-update.55939/

I found something very interesting which proves the rezing theory is incorrect.

I noticed that my mouse pointer changes when I hovered in certain part of the desktop when the 3cx icon was selected on the taskbar.

So I right clicked in the area and

upload_2018-6-17_8-28-37.png

And then I hovered

upload_2018-6-17_8-29-26.png
upload_2018-6-17_8-30-9.png

I even opened switchboard window that didn't work

upload_2018-6-17_8-32-56.png

upload_2018-6-17_8-33-28.png

So given this information could @YiannisH_3CX or @LeonidasG suggest any other fixes then moving the window. Thanks

Regards,
Diego

Hello @Diego Campagna

This looks very strange and i don't we have not come across this before. I would recommend un-installing the client and before re-installing check that the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables are correctly installed.Then try to re-install the client and check if that fixes the issue.
Do you have this problem on any other devices?

Oh I forgot @YiannisH_3CX this particular desktop was till recently the only one but I think it started to happen on a laptop too but I need to confirm this with some testing.

This happen on the secondary display?

This happen on the secondary display?

Hi @Vali_3CX

On The desktop its two monitors running out of the one card on HDMI ports. The samples above where on the primary display.

D.

I can confirm I am having the same issues on the laptop it was working until 2 weeks ago.

I also had a teamviewer issue on this laptop that was causing it to display a black screen. I'm wondering if the issue is related'?

Teamviewer solution to this problem (just in case it helps point to the cause) was to add two registry keys.

Registry name:
"DisableDirectXRendering"
"DisableDirectXScreenRendering"

Type(both keys):
"1"

Value(both keys):
"1"

Below samples of laptop screen

upload_2018-6-22_11-19-2.png

upload_2018-6-22_11-16-17.png

Regards

Diego

It is related to the graphics driver most likely.

Only thing that fixed it for me on my laptop was downgrading the graphics driver to the

Microsoft Basic Display Adapter

3cx shows back up, but unfortunately then I lose the ability to run a dual monitor with my HDMI port on my laptop.

Last edited:
@YiannisH_3CX @Vali_3CX

Ok I think I have a reason for the fault. It's to do with Microsoft's last major update.

Around the same time the problem with 3cx for Windows started on my desktop my teamviewer session started appearing with a black screen. Again because I don't use the desktop for much it wasn't an issue. then a month later or so it started happening on my laptop.

My desktop is on early release of the updates. My laptop normal release.

Apparently Microsoft change something to do with hardware graphic acceleration.

TeamViewer Support got me to add a few keys in the registry and it fixed the problem.

Following is the an excerpt of the TeamViewer solution that may help you work out what the issue is with 3cx client for windows

Directory:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TeamViewer]

Registry name:
"DisableDirectXRendering"
"DisableDirectXScreenRendering"

Type(both keys):
"1"

Value(both keys):
"1"

Hope it helps

Regartds

Diego

Reactions: Vali_3CX
Hi @wiles01,

It is related to the graphics driver most likely.

Only thing that fixed it for me on my laptop was downgrading the graphics driver to the

Microsoft Basic Display Adapter

3cx shows back up, but unfortunately then I lose the ability to run a dual monitor with my HDMI port on my laptop.

I have come across this on laptops (Lenovo) using USB docking stations with some other apps where it loses the video when the window is on the secondary monitor.

Unfortunately this is not the case.for me, the fault is happening on on a laptop with single monitor and on a desktop using nvidia based video card with 2 HDMI outputs.

Regards

Diego

Tried the fix in the Registry Diego.

Unfortunately it did not fix the issue.

Thank you for posting though.

@wiles01

Sorry if I was unclear. The above fix was for TeamViewer and I posted it for information purposes for the 3cx support team.

@Diego Campagna
Thank you for the update, can you please let us know of your windows build number so we can look into the issue?

upload_2018-7-9_17-2-33-png.8094
Thank you for the update

Reactions: Diego Campagna
I have the exact same issue. In my case i'm on Windows 10 Enterprise, 1803, 17134.112. Any movement on this ?

I have the exact same issue. In my case i'm on Windows 10 Enterprise, 1803, 17134.112. Any movement on this ?
Wiles01 is correct about the graphics driver. I'm using an MS Surface Book and have their latest distributed driver. I've downloaded the latest driver from the intel site, manually installed it and 3CX has re-appeared. My multiple displays still appear to be working and the client re-appeared as soon as I updated the driver (not even a reboot required).

Wiles01 is correct about the graphics driver. I'm using an MS Surface Book and have their latest distributed driver. I've downloaded the latest driver from the intel site, manually installed it and 3CX has re-appeared. My multiple displays still appear to be working and the client re-appeared as soon as I updated the driver (not even a reboot required)
Glad to see the issue has been resolved and thank you for updating the thread with your solution.

Still not working for me. Have to keep using the Basic Microsoft Driver. Do not have dual monitor functionality, so it is not resolved for me.

Windows 10 Home - 1803 - 10.0.17134 Build 17134

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quantinium
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.