• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Can not provision new device

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vassilis Mitropoulos

Reaction score
Hi to all,

I have a serious problem. After the upgrade to v15.5 I can not provision a new device. When I connect a new device(Fanvil X3SP) in our network whatever I choose (add ext or assign ext) the phone never reboots as a result the provision never completes.
Before the upgrade(v14) with the same procedure I had made a lot of successful provisions.
I have looked at the IP blacklist and there is't any of this phones that I have added.
Please advice.
Thank you in advance.

Yes I have made update the latest firmware for the device after that I reset the device.

When you connect the new device do you see it appear as a new phone under the phones tab? Are the phones and server in the same network / subnet as the PBX?

Additionally have you another brand of phone you could try - I have used Yealinks (for example) after the upgrade in this fashion and they work fine.

I did have a previous issue (on new installs) of 3CX where phones would not appear in the management console interface until the firewall checker had been run - very strange (and again present on brand new installs) but if you are getting a similar issue it maybe worth running it again just as a shot in the dark.

From the 3CX server can you access the web interface of the phones? Also check your provisioning link under extension settings / Phone provisioning. Is the link correct? Does that link point correctly to the local IP of the PBX?

Yes, I can access the web interface of the phone, from the 3CX server(I have already made the upgrade for the phone's firmware). Also I checked the provision link and its correct. The link points to the local IP of PBX.

If everything checks out you will need to run a capture on the 3CX server while attempting to provision a device to determine why the process is failing. You could also create a ticket with our support department to help you troubleshoot the issue.

Hello,

I Have same problem. After latest update, I am not able to provision Fanvil X3S phones. I tried from local and over VPN.We have Yealink and Grandstream phones too, and no problem with those brands. I installed all Fanvil phones in our network and I provisioned all new phones or reprovisioned before. After latest 3CX I am not able to reprovision the Fanvil X3S phones..I use only 3CX firmware, I restarted, reflashed the phones without succces. Please investigate the problem, we are under maintanance.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    23.2 KB · Views: 6
  • Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    4.9 KB · Views: 5
Hello @ionut

I just tried factory resetting a Fanvil X3s and provisioned it as a local device using PnP and it provisioned straight away. Were the phones provisioned using STUN before on the PBX? Could they be linked to the RPS server?

We provision all phones in local LAN, we don't do NAT or have external access to PBX; all phones are in same LAN. I factory reset my Fanvil phone too, and now I have 2 hard phones which I cant provision. I tried from another office via ipsec, where I use one fanvil same model..without success. I am able to ping PBX -> hard phones and hard phones -> PBX.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    56.5 KB · Views: 5
I found the problem. Before latest update, the provisioning was working without time settings. Now, seems, time settings has zero priority, if I put NTP server and apply syncronisation, the phone restarts and provision the settings.

Thank you!

Where is the NTP server choice??

Hi Vassilis,

Please look at this printscreen. The server time is on my network. It is working for you? If you dont have time server, try to put the time, manually, probably 3CX sends the provisioning data if you have same time on both sides.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    69.3 KB · Views: 18
Nothing my friend, I didn't manage to solve the problem even with your suggestion.

Please look at this printscreen. The server time is on my network. It is working for you? If you dont have time server, try to put the time, manually, probably 3CX sends the provisioning data if you have same time on both sides.
You mean that you use a different time server than the one used by the PBX? Did you manually input the time settings into the phone?

Yes I manually input the time settings into the phone like the screenshot you sent

You mean that you use a different time server than the one used by the PBX? Did you manually input the time settings into the phone?
Yes, I have NTP server enable on an Win srv. The IP of NTP srv. is configured in 3CX as NTP parameter, globally, but Fanvil probably ignore it..I enable NTP in Fanvill phone with the IP of my ntp srv. and when click apply, the time of phone is updating and if I have configured the provisioning link in phone, the phone restarts and start provisioning.

Yes, I have NTP server enable on an Win srv. The IP of NTP srv. is configured in 3CX as NTP parameter, globally, but Fanvil probably ignore it..I enable NTP in Fanvill phone with the IP of my ntp srv. and when click apply, the time of phone is updating and if I have configured the provisioning link in phone, the phone restarts and start provisioning.
When you factory reset a Fanvil phone the default time server values are "time.nist.gov" and "pool.ntp.org". If the phone cannot contact those either because they are blocked by the firewall or because the DNS is not resolving correctly then the phone cannot validate the validity of the certificate and provisioning will fail. If you use your own time server then you need to apply the settings into the phone and then try to provision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YBow
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.