• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX Not always adding Outbound Prefixes

Status
Not open for further replies.

panda

Reaction score
Hello!

My 3CX Phone system is setup in the cloud version 15.5 and our only trunk provider is Flowroute. For better security we have set up our trunk to use IP based authentication and using our Flowroute sip prefix. We are having the problem where the pbx doesn't always add the prefix when dialing out and the call never goes through. It is a once in a while occurrence and had been happening more often now since the newest update.

When I look in the call logs this is what I see when I dial out:
When it's suppose to look look like this:
[SIPprefix}*14195557894

Any Ideas?

And the Activity Log for the call, shows it using the same route (name), that working calls are using?

Reactions: panda
are your rules in correct order? (assuming there may be more than 1)

Can you also send us a screenshot of the outbound rule so we can get a better idea of the issue? Also does this happen with specific numbers or is it random?

@leejor-> Yes the activity logs does show the call using the correct route
@craigreilly -> I believe I have the rules in the correct order, I only have 2 outbound rules 10 &11
@YiannisH_3CX -> Yes, Please find attached my two outbound rules with my Flowroute tech prefix blurred out. It happens randomly but also occurs more often now.Flowroute 10.PNG Flowroute 11.PNG

I have never seen a case that a prefix is not added if the correct outbound rule is used. I would recommend running a wireshark capture to catch one of these occurrences and see what the PBX is sending out. You could also create a ticket with our support department so they can look into the logs of the PBX and determine what is causing this

Hello!

My 3CX Phone system is setup in the cloud version 15.5 and our only trunk provider is Flowroute. For better security we have set up our trunk to use IP based authentication and using our Flowroute sip prefix. We are having the problem where the pbx doesn't always add the prefix when dialing out and the call never goes through. It is a once in a while occurrence and had been happening more often now since the newest update.

When I look in the call logs this is what I see when I dial out:
When it's suppose to look look like this:
[SIPprefix}*14195557894

Any Ideas?
I see this also sometimes. Let me know if you have more info on this. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.