• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Android App speaker problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

EKT-FlyingNinja

Reaction score
Sometimes, when speaking with other extensions on the 3cx server the volume of the speaker is really low and i cant hear the other extension. Also there is one more problem where the sounds go through the phone's speaker and no matter if i try to enable/disable the speaker from the client, the sound is being forced through the speaker.

Device Info
-------------------------------------------------------
Phone Model: Samsung Galaxy A5 2015
Android Version: 6.0.1

Issue Info
-------------------------------------------------------
Handset: Phone, Heatphone with MIC
Contacts: Local
Connection: WiFi and Mobile Data
Server: External

Reactions: Fabio Colbrelli
We're aware that remote volume can sometimes be low and the need to boost it beyond suggested levels, but there's a bit of a problem and a reason why you don't see other apps allowing you to increase inbound audio volume like this.

Increasing the audio beyond recommended levels CAN be done, but the user runs the risk of damaging his device. This is the danger and why no one gives you this option.

Now if this low volume issue is only reproduced with the 3CX Client but not other clients, then yes, this is a problem and we'll definitely look into it, but further verification that this issue exists is required.

Actually this problem happens only with 3cx. I'm not trying to find a way to boost the sound. Just sometimes the sound is lower than normal and i can barely hear the other extensions

Also there is one more problem where the sounds go through the phone's speaker and no matter if i try to enable/disable the speaker from the client, the sound is being forced through the speaker.
what is the version of the application installed? is it the application sounds going to the loudspeaker or any sound? the loudspeaker setting is global over the device. do you have any application running on background that could turn the loudspeaker on?
Just sometimes the sound is lower than normal and i can barely hear the other extensions
try making a recording of the call and check the voice level there.

what is the version of the application installed? is it the application sounds going to the loudspeaker or any sound? the loudspeaker setting is global over the device. do you have any application running on background that could turn the loudspeaker on?

The version is the latest 15.5 i think. It gets auto updated via Play Store. I haven;t set loudspeaker on the device. When performing calls via my cellphone carrier it works normally, I have noticed this issue only in 3CX android client. I don't have any apps that tweak/manage the speakers etc

try making a recording of the call and check the voice level there.
Unfortunately still the same. Also just to clarify the speaker problem doesn't always happen. It only happens a few times

can you please send us a verbose log whenever the loudspeaker issue happens? provide it with a short description of what actually happened.

Also i recently noticed that it usually occurs when the phond's battery is low

Sometimes I have the same problem that the sound is comming true the speaker even if I don't choose to use the speaker...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.