• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX - Azure - YeaLink T48S

Status
Not open for further replies.

austinspooner

Reaction score
I am hosting our instance of 3CX in Azure and trying to connect with a Yealink T48S phone. The call never goes through to Azure even though the phone shows as provisioned. In coming calls seem to work fine. Any thoughts?

I should mention I dont think its a firewall rule because the soft phones and macOS phone clients work great.

I should mention I dont think its a firewall rule because the soft phones and macOS phone clients work great.
Hi,
It can be the Firewall issue.
3CX Soft phones and macOS are using the specific direct connection to the 3CX PBX. They call it "3CXTunnel". It's not a pure SIP and not using the traditional SIP ports.
What is the provisioning type - SBC or Direct STUN?
I think it's STUN. What it the SIP port of the phone? 5060? Do you have proper port forwarding for it? Is it allowed on your Firewall?

This is the pure network issue. Have a look and enable/allow all appropriate port forwardings.

So the issue is only with Outbound calls from that phone? If so do you have an outbound rule matching that extension?

Here is what my firewall rules are. Do you see something I am missing?

upload_2018-6-22_10-2-0.png

Also, wouldn't this rule allow outgoing calls from any extension?

upload_2018-6-22_10-7-5.png

Here is what I have - can you tell me more on what you mean by port forwarding? Im allowing outgoing traffic.

View attachment 8006

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is what I have - can you tell me more on what you mean by port forwarding? Im allowing outgoing traffic.

View attachment 8006

Great question actually, and this is likely the problem you are having.

On the router at the site which you are attempting to connect your STUN Yealink T48S you will need to "open" the ports which you have selected there on the phone provisioning tab.

In this instance you would need to go to your remote router and open the ports
5065 -- for SIP
and 14000 - 14019 for RTP audio.

Also keep in mind, if you have more than one STUN extension set up at one site you will need to stagger your ports on each additional extension example:
EXT 100: SIP 5065 RTP 14000 14019
EXT 200: SIP 5066 RTP 14020 14039
EXT 300: SIP 5067 RTP 14040 14059
and so on...

Open those ports as "incoming" to the phone?

Open these ports as incoming on the remote router. You can choose to enter your Yealinks' IP address as the "destination" on the "inbound rule" you create on the router, but if you plan to add additional extensions later I recommend just setting the source and destination as 'any'. Or, for security, set a range of IP addresses for just PBX extensions.

You should also triple check to ensure SIP ALG is NOT enabled on the remote router. When enabled this can cause some weird problems as well, and some routers come with it defaulted on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.