• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

allow port 80 from the remote public IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Barros Gomes

Reaction score
I need to Add Allow rule in /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/3cxpbx to allow port 80 from the remote public IP.

does any know how can I do that?

Thanks for your help

Peter

Peter,

Can you provide a little more details as I don't fully understand your request.
Do you have a physical firewall or are you running a software firewall on the system that you are trying to create the rule for?

Hi Peter,

If I'm reading your question correctly; what you are requesting is to modify the Access Control List for nginx's HTTP (Port 5000 by default or 80 if you used that when setting up).

What needs to be done is either remove the 'deny all;' line in that config file or add your static IP to the list to allow HTTP traffic.

If you are on windows you could use WinSCP to SCP to your Linux instance, navigate to that file and WinSCP will allow you to edit the file and save it directly back to the Linux instance.

The section you are looking for is around line 82 called 'server {' under that you will see the following section:

Code:
        allow 192.168.0.0/16;
        allow 172.16.0.0/12;
        allow 10.0.0.0/8;
        allow 127.0.0.1;
        allow ::0/0;
        deny all;

Modifying this is not officially supported by 3CX, so keep this in mind.

The most secure method will be to add another 'allow' line which has your sites Public IP so you are not opening HTTP to the entire world. If you cannot do this, then you can remove the 'deny all;' line at the end and the firewall will allow unrestricted access to the HTTP server externally.

Again, be aware there is a reason HTTP is restricted to internal subnets only, so make the changes at your own risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.