• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX SBC to Cloud Hosted Server with dynamic IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gambler

Reaction score
I'm pretty new to the VoIP arena, and I'm trying to set up a new VoIP phone system for our office (~10 phones right now). I decided to go with 3CX and the hosted server. I got that setup and went to the Management console where I was shown a dynamic IP has been assigned to my FQDN.

Fast forward to configuring an RPi for the SBC, following the guide here:
https://www.3cx.com/docs/3cx-tunnel-session-border-controller/

The first step of the config asks for the FQDN, the second step asks for the IP of the server. I can't put in an IP as I was given a dynamic IP and it could change...what's the solution?

Thanks!

It needs the Private Address of the Server - unless the Hosted Server is not behind a NAT then... I'm at a loss.

That's the issue, the instructions don't cover what to do when you don't have a static IP, and you aren't behind a NAT. Which is funny because this is 3CX's hosted server.

Hello @Gambler

You can use the local IP of the server in that field. If you don't have a local IP you can use your public IP or even your FQDN.

Glad i could assist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davide.luppi
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.