• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved auto-attendant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omar Ali

Customer
Reaction score
Hello does anyone know if the Auto-Attendant can be disable so if customer calls into the company the receptionist will hear the phone ringing and pickup.

Simply response, no you can not switch it off - the only way is to call the call routing.

The receptionist, will not hear the phone ring as the call is handled by the Auto-Attendant.

I think the question may be can I send the call to the receptionist during business hours and to an IVR outside of business hours? If that is the question, then "Yes" you can define this in your inbound rules. If the question is can I sometimes route the call to an IVR and at other times route the call to the receptionist, the answer is a qualified "yes". You could route all calls during business hours to the receptionist, and configure the receptionist's extension to route to the IVR when the receptionist's presence is set to "Away". There are lots of strategies for doing this, you just have to figure out what works best for your situation. We need a little more information to provide a more definitive answer.

voiptoys, yes that is exactly what I need to do route all call directly to receptionist during work hours, how do I accomplish this?

When you setup your SIP trunk, you had to create DIDs, and then create inbound rules for these DIDs, right? In the 3CX Management Console, choose "Inbound Rules" from the left sidebar. Your list of inbound rules will display. Double-click on the rule you want to change. On this inbound rule you will see two options "Destination for calls during office hours" and "Destination for calls outside office hours". This is where you will route calls to the receptionist during office hours and to the IVR (Digital Receptionist) outside of business hours.

Great excellent and thanks much. Will try it and see how it goes.

We direct all calls to ext 101 - the receptionist.
Then she has some actions:
*30 - Available and taking calls. If no answer, roll to RG 801
*31 - Away - Backup Ring Group 801 (Lunch or Off)
*32 - IVR Night
*33 - ext 102 - Her Cordless Phone

This is helpful as we do not have to set holidays and such.

will definitely try this thanks for all the assistance

You may the following tutorial of interested as it explains time based routing so you can configure things correctly in the future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattS
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.