• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Connectwise integration (Server side, latest 15.5 HF5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

leviticus

Gold Partner
Intermediate Cert.
Reaction score
Anyone using the server side Connectwise integration? I followed the guide and created an API key and put in the configuration. Running the 'Test' seems to work fine (no errors, pulls back information, etc). However, I suppose I come up short on understanding how the integration knows how 'My Extension' meets up to 'My Screenconnect user'. Nothing happens when I am logged into Connectwise and call my own extension...

Furthermore being somewhat new to this, I honestly don't even know what to expect for the screen pop on the Connectwise side.

Also curious if the [seemingly 'older'] client side integration is still around. It does not appear in the list of client side integrations available in my management console. Any assistance is greatly appreciated...

Hello @leviticus,

The integration with ConnectWise is only provided server side. The client side plugin has been removed.

In order to see the contact popup you need to use the 3CX Web Client. When you receive an inbound call at your extension, the 3CX Web Client will show the contact name, and a button to open the contact link on the upper right corner. It should look like this:
upload_2018-6-22_16-29-0.png

When you click on that button, the 3CX Web Client will open a new tab in your browser, and show the contact record there. Your ConnectWise page will not be updated in any way.

Kind regards.

Hi

I have the same issue.

The test from the 3CX system works perfectly (15.5.13103.5), but nothing appears on the WebClient tab when calling in.

Thanks

Please enable verbose logs for 3CX from the console > Dashboard > Activity Logs > Settings, restart 3CX services, and then make a test call. Finally, check the file 3cxSystemService.log which contains all the interactions with the CRM.

Please enable verbose logs for 3CX from the console > Dashboard > Activity Logs > Settings, restart 3CX services, and then make a test call. Finally, check the file 3cxSystemService.log which contains all the interactions with the CRM.

Thanks for that.

I can see the system matching the phone number and returning the correct details, but nothing appears on the web client popup. It looks like it searches a second time, which comes up with no result on the same call. The first is the contact search which succeeds, but the second ins the company search which fails.

Is the contact inserted in 3CX Contacts?

It does exist there, yes.

If the contact existed previously, then delete it, otherwise the engine will take it from there without the CRM link. Then make a call so it is imported from the CRM.

Brilliant - thanks for your help! :)

Reactions: edossantos
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julian1234
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.