• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Brandan Hermo

Platinum Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
My customers likes very much the 3CX ANDROID/IOS client and want to use in their offices with the WiFi infraestructure.

But 3CX not work properly because not supports handoff, and even in the case the infrastrucutre supports handover, fastroaming, the call drops when the device moves from one AP WiFi to an other. But in the same infraestructure with other WiFi devices like ASCOM, the handover and fastroaminf works very good.

Every users have smartphones, and for customers is so important not expend money in specific devices like ASCOM or others if could be use 3CX app in the smartphones...

Upvote 4
I roam around my office between the same AP Name - but different WAP's (7 in total) - that are connected using a Controller - Ruckus. This works fine.
The graphic below is a call I received at my desk on the HUB AP, I walked down the hall, down the stairs and roamed to the Accounting AP, then down the next hall, up the back stairwell and back into the HUB AP all without any quality degradation.

Latest iOS client on iPhone 8+.

Screen Shot 2018-06-21 at 1.01.33 PM.png

Reactions: Vali_3CX
Thank you Craig for your answer.

And your test was with a incoming call without the call has been dropped? I did the same test and not works. I asked 3CX SUPPORT and they explain me that 3CX client not implements hadoff.

Regards.

It was an outgoing call from the 3CX app on my phone and I had audio the entire time of that call.

Ok, I wll repeat the test and I will do the support report for analyze.

Thank you very much.

I roam around my office between the same AP Name - but different WAP's (7 in total) - that are connected using a Controller - Ruckus. This works fine.
The graphic below is a call I received at my desk on the HUB AP, I walked down the hall, down the stairs and roamed to the Accounting AP, then down the next hall, up the back stairwell and back into the HUB AP all without any quality degradation.

Latest iOS client on iPhone 8+.

View attachment 7985

Nice, would you mind sharing what type of equipment you are using.

I know you mentioned Ruckus.

1) What Controller Model
2) What AP Model

I would like to be able to replicate your setup.

Thank you.

Perhaps I should try this again and disable cellular to ensure I'm on WiFi during the call.
I'm out of the office for the next few weeks.
Ruckus Zone Director 1106
4 R300
3 zf7363

Yesterdays call stayed on the R300's. I did not walk far enough to hit the zf7363's.

Perhaps I should try this again and disable cellular to ensure I'm on WiFi during the call.
I'm out of the office for the next few weeks.
Ruckus Zone Director 1106
4 R300
3 zf7363

Yesterdays call stayed on the R300's. I did not walk far enough to hit the zf7363's.

Awesome,

Thank you for taking the time to reply back.

I will test this out as well!

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.