• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Connecting Fritzbox to 3CX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boudewijn

Reaction score
Hello,
I would like to connect my Fritzbox to my 3CX server in the cloud, so that I can use the ISDN phone on the Fritzbox (as a phone or extension in 3CX). I don't have a fixed line connected to the Fritzbox, so a VOIP gateway is not necessary.

Who could help me please to get this to work? All my attempt failed so far (setting Fritzbox as a SIP provider in 3CX etc).

Thanks,
Boudewijn

A phone connected, as an extension, to 3CX has to be a SIP device of some sort. An ISDN device isn't going to work. If the Fritzbox will convert from SIP to ISDN, then maybe. I just don't think it will work that way. I may be wrong. Provide the model of the Fritzbox and someone familiar with it may have some ideas.

I am using a Fritzbox 7490, with integrated VOIP/SIP server and ISDN connection (for phone or ISDN-PBX)
https://en.avm.de/products/fritzbox/fritzbox-7490/

Previous posts describe successful integration of a Fritzbox with 3CX, in which the Fritzbox is configured as a SIP provider in 3CX, using the generic SIP provider template, so it signs in to the FritzBox as extension 620.
The internet telephony accounts on the FritzBox need to sign in to the 3CX server, as if 3CX is an external SIP provider.

I don't get it to work...

Previous success story:
http://gonedigital.net/2010/05/15/c...box-sip-server/comment-page-1/#comment-688953

Can anyone help me with step-by-step instructions?

The internet telephony accounts on the FritzBox need to sign in to the 3CX server, as if 3CX is an external SIP provider.

You can do this one of two ways. Create an extension in 3CX, then use the settings to register the Fritzbox as an extension. The alternative, is to create a Bridge trunk in 3CX (Master), then register the Fritzbox to 3CX. Which you choose depends on what you are trying to accomplish.I'm still not certain that ISDN, is going to be able to work as a part of all of this unless you are using the Fritzbox as a gateway and bringing the ISDN (BRI I assume), in as a trunk(s).

Others may have some additional suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCTECHZONE
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.