• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Callback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eder Pardeiro

Forum User
Reaction score
Good morning people,

I recently did an implementation and the client requested something I do not know if it's possible. He used Asterix earlier and said it worked.

The scenario is as follows. It has a free call channel (here in Brazil is 0800) where it receives a considerable number of calls. He wants that, when the customer calls, the call is answered, a recording says that the call will be returned, hang up and make the callback.

From what I learned and understood from 3CX, it is possible to do something manual, where the caller has the option to enter 2 for the callback to be done.

Does anyone know if it's possible to do it automatically, without the caller's interaction?

With a call queue you have call back options yes, there are 2 options the second of which I believe will suit your requirement:

* Triggered on user request (Press 2)
* Offered to caller after timeout in seconds

These are settings that come with the PRO licence so you will need one of these to get callback.

Reactions: Eder Pardeiro
Too bad to have those options. The customer will not like to know that.
Anyway, I configured the second option, which is to offer to the caller when he calls, I set the time of 1 second, that is when he calls instantly receive the option to receive the callback, then he presses 2 and registers the number, however , I do not know when the callback occurs, because it only registers and I do not know where it is registering. I imagined that the call would be returned to him immediately. How it works?

When a callback is registered in the Q. It will find the next available agent and call the number back, That is how the callback works :) It should call automatically when an agent is free, that is how our one works anyway.

Reactions: YiannisH_3CX
When a callback is registered in the Q. It will find the next available agent and call the number back, That is how the callback works :) It should call automatically when an agent is free, that is how our one works anyway.
That is exactly how it works. The queue will search for the next available agent and poll him with the callback call. Once the agent answers the PBX will make the call. The Queue will treat the callback as a normal queue call.

@YiannisH_3CX I was right then, when do I start my job at 3cx ;)

Now I understand, but it's not working as the client needs. When you receive a call on that particular number for CallBack, the incoming calls in the queue are ringing. If the agent answers, he obviously does not call and if he does not answer, he keeps ringing until he drops the call.

Is there a possibility?

1) The caller calls the callback number
2) Immediately the call is answered and the caller confirms the number or changes according to their preference
3) After registering the number, the connection is closed
4) After that the 3cx makes the callback and transfers to the queue.

What I understand is that Callback works if no agent answers the call, in this case I want it to work ALWAYS and does not give the agent no option to answer before the callback is made to the caller.

It is possible?

It sounds like you might want to use the CFD and configure it how you want it to work. We have something kind of similar. We give the caller an option to change the number requested and then that is sent to the Q. CFD looks like your way forward.

I concur with Schrodz. Send the inbound call to a CFD application (extension). The CFD will:

1. Play a prompt that explains to the caller that they will receive a return call
2. Prompt the caller to confirm their call-back number or enter in a different call-back number
3. Write the call back number to a call-back list
4. Drop the call

That's the end of the CFD process because once the call is dropped the CFD execution ends.

Next, you need a service that monitors for available agents in a queue, and calls people back from the call-back list. However, we probably want to confirm that a human has answered the call, so the "MakeCall" should be between a Digital Receptionist (DR) and the person on the call-back list. The DR will prompt with a question that requires the contact to press a key. This ensures that only a human and not a voicemail box is transferred into the queue. For example, "This is your requested call-back from company XYZ. To be connected with a customer service representative, press 1". When they press 1, the caller is transferred to the queue.

Yes, it is a little complicated, and there is probably even more that could / should be done, but this should outline the basics of what needs to be implemented. For example, you probably want to ensure the requested call back number has the correct number of digits and is for the same country.

Many thanks to all for the help!
It really is too complicated for me to implement. I have a good knowledge of programming, but I never moved in CFD, is there any template or samples in github or any other place so I can study and try to do?

I searched for a place that gives training, but I live in Brazil, here only have a forest, a farm and a corrupt politician.

Last edited:
When you download the Call Flow Designer it includes several sample projects, and 3CX has lots of videos too. But as I mentioned in my approach, a service (windows or daemon) may be required to get the whole process you need. What you should take away from this discussion is that you can almost always find a way to accomplish what you need to do with the broad range of tools and APIs 3CX provides for free. The depth of the 3CX development tools is the main reason we chose 3CX as our platform of choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchofficees
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.