• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Phones not provisioning via SBC 15.5 SP5

Status
Not open for further replies.

freshEF

Forum User
Reaction score
We're using Yealink T46s (we're using a custom TEMPLATE because we want call waiting but users don't want the tone played in their ear)

On our production system that we have not upgraded yet, whenever we plug a new phone, it defaults to our custom TEMPLATE and the new phone shows pending in red.

On our test server that we just updated, has same template, when I try to add a new phone, it keeps wanting to go to the default yealink template, and I'm unable to even manually set provisioning up on the extension.

What could be wrong here? Is there somewhere I can change default to use the custom template?

Last edited:
Yes there is a way (or there used to be when I last tested this on an earlier version) you would replace the default template (name etc) with the custom one (saving the default in a safe place) although I would not recommend doing this.

Where did you get custom firmware from ? I would not use this with 3CX the system is very sensitive to firmware versions.

Yes there is a way (or there used to be when I last tested this on an earlier version) you would replace the default template (name etc) with the custom one (saving the default in a safe place) although I would not recommend doing this.

Where did you get custom firmware from ? I would not use this with 3CX the system is very sensitive to firmware versions.
I meant TEMPLATE, that was my bad sorry.

We're using a custom TEMPLATE not firmware.

On our production system we did not replace the default config. It just defaults to the custom one. (which is what we want) I was able to manually get my phone configured but I plugged in another phone and still looks like this:

upload_2018-6-25_11-56-59.png

What happens if you reset the phone to factory defaults. Will it reprovision once connected to the SBC?

It will only re-provision if option 66 is enabled.

So based on my testing this is what I'm seeing:
If i use the standard template, I can provision without issue not using option 66 and the auto discover functionality.

If i'm using a modified template:
auto discover sees the phone, but is trying to force me to use the default template.
If i try to manually provision it will not work, unless i enable option 66. Then it will provision.

Hello @freshEF

Please note that in the previous service pack there was an issue that under certain circumstances the system would default to the custom template for provisioning.
In SP5 this has been resolved, and the system will now always use the default template for provisioning.

So you’re saying that was a bug not feature.

That’s kind of a bummer, it worked so well!

The other part of my question - is option66 then required for modified templates?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.