• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Can not record new Greeting for extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex 3CX

Customer
Reaction score
Hello, I have a problem with recording a new greeting for a user (extension).
1. I have included snapshots of the steps.. my server is windows 2012 R2. 3CX version 15.5
2. STEP 1: User receives a phone call on their mobile phone since thats what their extension is being forwarded to...
2. STEP 2: I am monitoring the directory on the server side and see that the xml file is there and that the .WAV file is being created (0 byte size)
3. STEP 3: user finishes recording a greeting and presses the # key....
4. STEP 4: Unfortunately the WAV file never changes size, and as soon as user hangs up the phone after pressing the # key (waiting before hanging up for 5 seconds) the file gets removed by the system

Does anyone know why this is happening? Folder right? I have tried to temporarily add EVERYONE to write to the greetings folder and DATA folder... but that does not help..

thank you,

Attachments

• 2018-07-13_163621.png
    2018-07-13_163621.png
    112 KB · Views: 11
  • 2018-07-13_163717.png
    2018-07-13_163717.png
    85.1 KB · Views: 11
Does same thing happen if you direct to an IP Phone?
Permissions won't help because the system is writing the file.

Hi, thank you for a quick reply... I use a Soft phone for windows, and yes, when answering an incoming call from a Soft Phone I can indeed successfully record a greeting, after pressing # key.

Hi, thank you for a quick reply... I use a Soft phone for windows, and yes, when answering an incoming call from a Soft Phone I can indeed successfully record a greeting, after pressing # key.

Have you tested a phone call to the mobile to ensure audio is working in both directions? Perhaps the system is only hearing silence. Could you have them dial into the system? (extra DID that points to vm ext <ie: 999> )

yes, everything else works.. in fact, when calling into a system from a mobile phone, DTMF works... pressing keys through menu are recognized. Forwarding calls also works to mobile without any issues..

I would run a CAPTURE under Activity Log during the call to see if the audio packets are there.
Screen Shot 2018-07-14 at 4.56.16 PM.png

ok, figuring it out... i got a dump file but its 500mb...

I could be wrong, but I think there is a fundamental issue within 3CX. It would be interesting if someone tried this case on their system.... please see attached... Thanks

Attachments

• 2018-07-14_161729.png
    2018-07-14_161729.png
    210.6 KB · Views: 10
Well I just tried to do it - but the soft-phone rings and I can not get to the call on my cellular service.

What if you quit your soft phone?

Push still opens the app and brings it forward.eh - maybe turn off notifications for iOS. But I’ve left my desktop and can’t make changes right now to test.

Ok. Sounds good. Let me know if you get to it later. Thanks

I can confirm this did not work in this manner. I am fairly certain it was not meant to work this way. Possibly for security reasons as well. No Caller ID is even sent with the call.

Thanks for confirming. The issue is that we work with outside sales people, that travel extensively and do not have a desk phone. All their activities are done over a mobile phone. Security is still maintained since I’m the one who issues a command to call out for greeting recording.

Thank you again for confirming.

So how do we record a greeting from a mobile phone for a remote sales people who do not use a soft phone and have no ohisical office ?

Thanks

Let them dial in to the system (hopefully via a DID to 999) and enter their ext and vm pin, and record.

Ok, just dialed in from my mobile phone... dialed my extension, entered my passcode as the message was playing... nothing happened...

Regards,

You have to dial into the Voicemail system - not the extension.
So if Voicemail is 999 - either dial 999 from an IVR, or assign a DID to that extension.

got it.. thank you.. I guess at this point it will be simpler to ask outside sales to install the 3CX app on their phones.. thanks again for all your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.