• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

SPA112 and Bogen C35 Amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randall Caudill

Bronze Partner
Basic Certified
Reaction score
I have a Bogen C35 Amp that is currently attached to the Panasonic analog phone system for paging. I have setup a SPA112 device and configured as an extension. In order to utilize the existing paging system, do I need to come off the SPA device to the Panasonic phone system or to the TEL input on the Bogen amp? Or is there another device I need in order to use the paging system with 3CX? Any pointers or help would be greatly appreciated!

My main pointer would be to use supported devices with 3CX:
https://www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/

Where anything that talks SIP can integrate in with the system for the best user experience use supported products.

By paging system I would assume you want to intercom out to the amp, this would be best achieved with the snom PA1: https://www.snom.com/broadcasting/public-address-system/

Okay.... I can order one in...my next question would be how to set it up?!??! I noticed you put a link for VoIP Gateways... does that mean the device needs to be setup as a gateway rather than an extension?

Please confirm what is analogue/legacy and what is not.

With the PA1 setup it would normally be:
AMP wired into PA1 - PA1 - RJ45 to switch (3CX via IP) and you can then call out via a handset.

right now the Bogen amp is hooked up to the Panasonic analog phone system. In the process of switching over to VoIP, but still want to utilize the existing Bogen amp and paging system. Hope helps some.

also can the intercom be used via any IP phone attached to the 3CX Server or only the phone attached to the PA1?

and I assume the output from the PA1 is going to the TEL input on the Bogen amp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.