• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Patton FXO gateway sound issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

pitrickzul

Platinum Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a Patton 4 port FXO Gateway SN

My issue is that call quality on it is bad, the sound is muffled, we can barely hear the other person on the other end. Is there something i can check? What would be a good codec setting for this gateway? I used the auto config from 3CX when i set it up. First time i use one. The same server has SIP lines too and they all work well, excellent quality but when an incoming call comes in, the line goes through the gateway and it's bad.

The go-to codecs are usually g711 u and/or a, as first and second choice, especially if the devices are on the same network where bandwidth isn't a concern. However, a "muffled sound" isn't an issue normally associated with codec selection.

I would first use an analogue phone and confirm that all of the phone lines themselves sound clear when you place a call directly on each.

You don't say where you are located, but, many devices have a default setting for a specific country/area. In a lot of cases that is the North American market. If you are using the gateway some other place, then the settings (Impedance and the like), associated with the physical phone lines may have to be "adjusted" to compensate for the local PSTN network.

Hi pitrickzul,

Firstly ensure you are running the latest 6.10 firmware for the device. Also confirm that the lines themselves do not have any additional functionality configured on them (such as BT featureline) as this will cause no end of issues.

Also confirm your network topology in regards to 3CX and the Patton and are they plugged inot the same switch ?

Failing that I would run the following commands from the console of the device and raise it with your Patton Distributor or Patton themselves:

enable
show running‐config
debug call‐router
debug call‐control
debug fxo
debug ccfxo
debug context sip‐gateway signaling detail 5
debug context sip‐gateway transport detail 5
debug context sip‐gateway error

thanks eddv123, i will look into all of this! i will report back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TLK
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.