• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved two phones same ext issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelneh1

Reaction score
I have yealink phones that are next to each other and they have different ip and mac address but are showing for the same person and ext. In extensions it only showing one phone listed. but in phones it’s showing both if I update any info or try to setup Provisioning it changes the info for both. Any ideas?

Model of the sets? local, or remote? Provisioned recently?

Calls placed from either set show the same extension number on the called set?

T46g there local were provisioned before I got here. when I check each phone there both set to the same extension.

Strange that making configuration changes in the 3CX Console updates both phones (if I understand the situation correctly). It would make complete sense if you had two phones showing up under the extension. One brute-force solution would be to delete the extension and factory reset both phones, then recreate the extension and auto provision one of the phones... but remember to keep any voicemails and greetings before deleting the extension.

ya I have one ext 256 in the ext section and two ext 256 in the phone sections . In the phone section when I tried to update the phone that was incorrect and it updated the one that was. One does not have any Provisioning and the other does when I tired to update that it changed the mac address for both. when I go under the ext it is does not have any Provisioning for a phone. so yes it's strange. I will try what you say and delete the ext and reset the phone.

unplug one from the network that is working.
then try logging into the other one, remove it and factory reset it.
then assign to the proper place.
then plug original 256 back in

Ok thanks everyone I disconnected the one that was not working setup the one that is correctly then factory re-set on the one that needed to be and that got rid of it and i was able to set it up. thanks again.

Glad to see the issue has been resolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.