• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Redundant SBCs (potential feature request)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dandenson

Customer
Reaction score
(not related to previous question on SBCs exactly)

I want to put 2 raspberry pi SBCs at a site to operate as failovers.

option 1 is to just have both of these entered into the 2 proxy options in my yealink phones. Requires custom provisioning template as far as I can tell *and* I'm not sure if 3CX does any kind of filtering locking phones to an SBC they are configured to.

option 2 is to run heartbeat between the two SBCs and have them share a LAN IP so one acts as a hot spare.

This isn't pure hardware failover, I'm also liking this for internet connection failover. SBC1 could be on the main connection and SBC2 could be on a secondary or even 4G connection.

Thoughts?

There is already a thread in the ideas section for this. On my phone so I'll have to link it later.

Reactions: YiannisH_3CX
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.