• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

SPA registers even after Disabling extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

techdummy

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm having to deal with an issue almost daily.
When an employee leaves, we usually disable the extension in 3CX and unregister the phone via the phones web page.
But now, all the SPA 504G phones register back even though I have checked the "Disable Extension" in 3cx management console, under Options.
Also, I have removed the phone model under "Phone Provisioning" and yet the extension registers back the next day.
We are currently running v15.5 SP2
Can someone please let me know why this is happening and what can be done to resolve the issue?

Thank you.

Hello @techdummy

When the option "Disable Extension" is enabled the extension does not have the ability to call or be called (except from emergency numbers) but that does not mean that the phone will stop registering.
Also by removing the phone under the phones provisioning tab does not stop the phone from re-registering. The phone already has the credentials for the extension configured so it can still register against the extension like if it was manually configured.
To force the phone to stop registering you will either need to delete the extension of reset the phone.

Hello @YiannisH_3CX
I understand, but shouldn't the phone stay unregistered when,

In Phone webpage,
Ext1 > Proxy and Registration > Register is set to "NO".

I always thought the phone will stay unregistered if this option is changed to NO.

I am not sure exactly what the setting in the phone does. I am talking strictly from the PBX point of view. The PBX will accept registrations from the phone with the configuration you are describing.

@techdummy

To disable the phone please go to:
Ext1 > General > Line Enable and select "Disable"

@complex1 I had tried tried all that, but somehow the phone kept getting registered to the extension.
The only way I could stop registration was by assigning the phone to another extension and after the initial registration, I unregistered it using the web page. The new extension stays unregistered, but when the same process was done before using the other extension, the behavior was completely different.
I might have to do a factory reset on the phone and see how it behaves.
Anyway thank you everyone. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.