• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Custom Yealink template, Phones are now red

Status
Not open for further replies.

seantp

Customer
Reaction score
I copied the Yealink template and made the following changes
security.trust_certificates = 0
static.security.trust_certificates = 0 (added)

features.voice_mail_tone_enable = 0

Now under the Phones tab, the phones I've switched to the custom template are highlighted in red.

What does this mean?

I copied the Yealink template and made the following changes
security.trust_certificates = 0
static.security.trust_certificates = 0 (added)

features.voice_mail_tone_enable = 0

Now under the Phones tab, the phones I've switched to the custom template are highlighted in red.

What does this mean?
Hi seantp,
This means that your phones are provisioned using the custom templates.
You can use them, no problem, but you will use them on your own risk.
The custom templates are not supported by 3CX Support Team and we will not be able to provide a full support when the custom templates are used.
They highlighted to red to pay your attention and remind you about this limitation.

How come your official template has features.voice_mail_tone_enable = 1 (enabled)? This is really annoying and there is no way to disable it from the admin panel.

Doesn't seem fair that you set an annoying feature with no way to disable but to implement something that you won't support. That is ridiculous!

Reactions: PAPBX
How come your official template has features.voice_mail_tone_enable = 1 (enabled)? This is really annoying and there is no way to disable it from the admin panel.

Doesn't seem fair that you set an annoying feature with no way to disable but to implement something that you won't support. That is ridiculous!
Hi,
1. The feature "features.voice_mail_tone_enable = 1" is in the provisioning template seance V12 of 3CX PBX, which means already more than 4 years.
2. No one complained about it during these years - you are the first one.
3. We already suggested to you to open this in 3CX Ideas. Did you open this request? How many votes do you have?
4. Please do not use words like "annoying" and "ridiculous" about the features that are used by people with disabilities.

Again, open the request in 3CX Ideas (if you didn't open it yet) and we will see how many votes that request will get.

Last edited:
@seantp

I personally love to hear a warning tone when I receives a new voice mail, so to me it isn’t annoying at all.

BTW: Do you know it is possible to disable this feature in the UI of the phone? (Features>General Information>Voice Mail Tone)

Reactions: YiannisH_3CX
I have a 2 'custom template' phones in red, now I know why but how can I change it to a non-customised template so it's not red and also will be supported if needed?

I have a 2 'custom template' phones in red, now I know why but how can I change it to a non-customised template so it's not red and also will be supported if needed?
You will need to delete the phone from the extension settings and re-add it using the default template. The easiest way i have found to do this is copy the MAC address of the phone then delete it. Add a new phone with the default template and paste the mac address of the phone. Choose the desired provisioning method and press OK. Reboot the phone to re-provision it and apply the new template.

Thanks for your help. I have done the above but after adding the extn no. and then assigning that extn no. to the phone (with MAC Address) the extn doesn't show up in Phone list to provision. Please note extn no. was saved with no errors.

Thanks for your help. I have done the above but after adding the extn no. and then assigning that extn no. to the phone (with MAC Address) the extn doesn't show up in Phone list to provision. Please note extn no. was saved with no errors.
There is no need to add an extension number as the extension should not have been deleted. You only need to delete the phone from the extension settings not the entire extension. If you recreated the entire extension you will need to reprovision the phone.

Thanks for you help. All working fine.

Glad i could assist

@seantp

I personally love to hear a warning tone when I receives a new voice mail, so to me it isn’t annoying at all.

BTW: Do you know it is possible to disable this feature in the UI of the phone? (Features>General Information>Voice Mail Tone)

Yes, I did know this. However, its not convenient to log in every single time the phone gets reprovisions to turn this off... on every phone in a business who compains about the noise because they don't bother to clear out their messages. I can't tell you how many times I've had to turn that setting off on the same set of phones since I upgraded their box. That's why I finally set the custom templates.

Hi,
1. The feature "features.voice_mail_tone_enable = 1" is in the provisioning template seance V12 of 3CX PBX, which means already more than 4 years.
2. No one complained about it during these years - you are the first one.
3. We already suggested to you to open this in 3CX Ideas. Did you open this request? How many votes do you have?
4. Please do not use words like "annoying" and "ridiculous" about the features that are used by people with disabilities.

Again, open the request in 3CX Ideas (if you didn't open it yet) and we will see how many votes that request will get.

I'll use whatever words I want. If these features are designed for people with disabilities why is it on as default. People with disabilities are generally the exception not the norm and you turn something like this on as a request.

I'm complaining because my end users are complaining and after turning the feature off in the phones UI only to have it turned back on again by 3CX did I finally set up the custom template. What I think s ridiculous is that you guys don't have the capability to turn something like this off. And then say well if you use custom templates its now an excuse for us to provide limited support. That's my perspective.

I believe I have asked this as a request or some form of feedback previously.

I'll use whatever words I want. If these features are designed for people with disabilities why is it on as default. People with disabilities are generally the exception not the norm and you turn something like this on as a request.

I'm complaining because my end users are complaining and after turning the feature off in the phones UI only to have it turned back on again by 3CX did I finally set up the custom template. What I think s ridiculous is that you guys don't have the capability to turn something like this off. And then say well if you use custom templates its now an excuse for us to provide limited support. That's my perspective.

I believe I have asked this as a request or some form of feedback previously.
Hi seantp,
I'll try to be calm and will explain you how it works last time - I'll not do this again for you.
1. You asked "If these features are designed for people with disabilities why is it on as default.".
It's enabled because it's a default value of the Yealink phones:
upload_2018-7-19_18-7-17.png
So, this is the Yealink default value and NOT 3CX.
Also, in 4 years the whole world was happy with this feature enabled and no one complained.
2. We can't disable it by default because people with disabilities and the people who like this feature will not be happy.
3. We can spend our time and resources and make it configurable, but we need to be sure that this is what the majority of users want and not the minority of users. This is why we are suggesting that you open a feature request in 3CX Ideas.

And the last thing, you see even in this thread that people want this feature, now as you mention your users find the tone annoying because they forget to check their voicemails or they are not bothered about checking them, this is the users responsibility, if they don't bother to check it - it means that they don't use the voicemail, disable the option in extensions and your problem is solved.

I'm not here to upset you. I don't think any customer of 3CX has the intention of annoying support staff. I'm not sure why you need to be calm or feel that my relaying customer experience is upsetting you to the point you have to calm yourself down. I apologize if the words I used were offensive to you, but honestly, those were the words used by my clients when discussing this issue.

Thank you for the detailed explanations. I do agree with you on your explanations, but I'm also forwarding client experience back to you.

I appreciate that in 4 years no one has complained and that everyone's situation is different. But isn't it also possible a good portion of your end users only complain to the companies that implement the products and a lot of complaints and suggestions never make it to these boards for one reason or another? So please take this as an opportunity to understand that some people have had an undesirable experience with the product. Do what you will with that information.

In supporting 3CX I understand your products better with each issue and complaint raised to me and I always do my best to train my end users on how to use these products. As I'm sure you're aware there are some exceptionally difficult people out there who expect perfection out of a product while putting in the least amount of effort to understand it. People like me are stuck in the middle of you who provide the product support and the end user. Because I'll tell you right now most CEOs of companies that had this product implemented for them are not hanging out on 3CX forums. But I feel their experiences are important for you to know and understand.

I will gladly put in a feature request, but if you could give me some insight into the best way to approach feature requests. Because on the one hand I could make it simple and focus on this one issue. Or I could ask for a more comprehensive solution, which is to include more relevant features that can be configured for a phone on its own tab. Which one do you think will get better results?

You could, but you pointed out the issue with editing the default template. What's even worse than fixing an issue is having to fix it again. That would get me in more trouble with my clients.

You could, but you pointed out the issue with editing the default template. What's even worse than fixing an issue is having to fix it again. That would get me in more trouble with my clients.
Hi seantp,
We are here to help inch other. Unfortunately, some people are trying to use this forum to force 3CX to implement something that only they need. I was thinking that you are one of them.
Now I see that I was wrong and you really want to understand the issue and find the best solution for it.

So, the best way I already told you. Open the request in 3CX ideas and put the link to it in this forum post. Like this, the people who are agree with you, will be able to vote for it.
Believe me, our managers are always checking the 3CX Ideas and we are always ready to implement the ideas that the majority of users wants. The best example (very close to your issue) that shows how 3CX Ideas works is the Power LED Notifications provisioning - a lot of people vote to make it configurable and we made it.
So, please follow to my suggestion: open the request in 3CX ideas, put the link to it in this post and we will see how popular it will become.
Personally I can promise you that I'll vote for it ;)

Reactions: jed
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCTECHZONE
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.