• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Calls mostly disconnect in 1-2 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurabG

Free User
Reaction score
Hi,

I have searched forums for this; mostly people say their calls are dropped in 30 seconds. Our dropping is not always happening at the same period. For example one call drops after 95 seconds and another call drops in 140 seconds. It always changes but most of the calls are dropped after about 1-2 minutes. And when it happens, a log entry occures like this;

Code:
07/18/2018 4:26:37 PM - x-call-control DROP: call is not found: 0bjjSX_gYOiohRE5Xw1gjg..;from-tag=8060de6f;to-tag=b90c9f0a

How can I debug and solve this?

Firewall test is OK. SIP ALG and H.323 ALG are disabled.

Need more info

What version of 3CX ?. Can find this on the dashboard

Is the server hosted or local ?

What SIP provider ?

What firewall, the tests may have passed but they may still be an issue with the firewall.

3CX version is 15.5, SIP provider is not in the list of 3CX, hence I added as a "Generic" one. It's called Bulutfon. There is no firewall hardware; firewall settings are done in a balance router; TP-Link 470T+

I guess there should not be a firewall problem because calls can be made and received without any problem. I also check the ports, they are reachable from outside. I just closed port 5060 to the public and let only SIP provider IP to reach it out. (But the problem existed before I closed 5060 port to public)

Is it both outgoing, and incoming, that are dropping? Did this issue just start? Do you just have the one provider?

Yes both incoming and outgoing calls suffer the same. I have just one provider with 4 trunks, but they all route to the same IP. (Unfortunatelly)

I would recommend settings the PBX to verbose logging level and going through the logs when the issue happens again. To do so please navigate to Dashboard / Activity Log / Settings and set the logging level to verbose. Restart all 3CX services to clear previous logs and have the settings take effect immediately.
You can also a run a wireshark capture to help you determine the issue. The following academy presentation can help go through basic troubleshooting steps to help you determine your issue.
https://www.3cx.com/3cxacademy/videos/advanced/basic-troubleshooting/

Just to test it out, I installed Yealink T19 E2 phones and looks like disconnects are mostly disappeared. Now I believe there's something different with settings.

I don't think this is a hardware issue because we are using 5 units of Gigaset C540 IP and 4 units of Vtech VSP600; which couldn't all be broken at once; while they were working with direct SIP before we switched to 3CX. I believe there's something with their settings but what could it be

When you change the sets to work with 3CX, did you reset (factory reset) completely to remove all previous settings? There may be something left-over from Direct SIP usage, the is causing the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Imperial Treasure
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.