• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Call Forwarding via BLF

Status
Not open for further replies.

dOPELELE

Reaction score
one of my colleagues just requested if he could have the blf buttons on his yealink t41s used for call forwarding.
he wants it like this:
blf -> every call goes instantly to a certain extension
same for 5 the other 5 buttons but with other extensions.

the only way i could think of is to use *30, *31 to change his status and adjust the call forwarding there, but there a not enough status to do this.

is there a other way to realize this?

Greets

Hello @dOPELELE

Please note that this is not possible as all forwarding should be done through the extension forwarding rules by switching the status of the extension.
I would recommend using the web client to manage the forwarding rules of his extension and forward calls to the desired extension.

so the 3cx just does not support the yealink codes for call forwarding?

greets

The only supported way to perform call forwarding is through the extensions forwarding rules.

ok but is there a way to bypass the "no answer withing xxx sec" - in the 2 custom status, i need to put this to at least 1 sec, but i want the call to be immediately forwarded to the specified number

The second custom setting (Business Trip) does not have a timer and will immediately forward the calls to the selected destination.

yes but is there a way to have the custom 1 one the same way?

yes but is there a way to have the custom 1 one the same way?
No i am afraid custom 1 cannot be changed to work the same way.

I don't have a perfect solution, but one option would be to create a CFD application that when called changes the forwarding rule to the desired number using the Call Control API.

I'm trying to think of how we could do this in a generic way so that multiple users could share the same CFD application. The CFD knows who called it, so we know what extension needs to be modified. The next question is how do we determine where calls to the extension should be forwarded.

You could have the CFD ask the caller for the forwarding number, but that would be a pain to do every time they want to forward calls. It would be much easier to provide a list of choices. For example, a prompt that says "To forward calls to John Doe, press 1, etc.". But this then requires some way of maintaining a list of forwarding numbers for each extension.

While it isn't hard to build an interface for maintaining a list of forwarding numbers, it is another part of the application that would need to be built. Alternatively you could have 5 different CFD extensions each configured to forward to a different number. I think I've described what is possible, now you have to ask the question whether it is worth the effort to build it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Imperial Treasure
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.