• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX Client is invisible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel Herrera

Reaction score
We have a user that their 3CX is invisible. At first we thought it was the normal window is just off the screen, but we have found that the 3CX client is actually on the screen just invisible. We can use keyboard commands and popout windows from it and event get it to call other extentios by double clicking around on the background. We have tried reinstall, new windows profile, different user in windows, nothing seems to correct this.

Similar to this thread: https://www.3cx.com/community/threa...visible-in-on-the-desktop-after-update.55939/

Reactions: Alockett
This happened for me shortly after the Windows 1803 update in early June.

Only way to get back normal functionality for 3cx for me was to downgrade my graphic driver to the "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter". Then it showed on the screen okay.

I've been in contact with someone at Microsoft as well and they have been really no help in getting it resolved.

TeamViewer had a similar issue and they had a fix for their app dealing with turning off some functionality of DirectX rendering. However the same fix did not work for 3cx in my case.

Unfortunately for me, while the Basic Display Adapter fixes 3cx, I lose the functionality of having a 2nd monitor on my laptop so it makes me working from the road much more difficult without the dual screens.

Try downgrading the graphic driver to Microsoft Basic Driver.

Worked for me, but hopefully a temporary fix because I lost my dual monitor capability.

We are Windows 10. I will try downgrading the driver today.

FYI, someone mentioned on another message thread.

If you have an app called "Duet" loaded on your system, try uninstalling that application to fix the issue.

For some reason it changes something in the Windows graphics driver so it doesn't work with 3cx and the latest update.

I uninstalled it on my system, upgraded the graphics driver and now 3cx is working fine.

Reactions: YiannisH_3CX
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchofficees
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.