• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Rejected Send Fax via PBX

Sergio Espinosa

Reaction score
It would be nice if 3cx could send fax like Issabel does. It is very convenient to attach a file and send it from your computer.

upload_2018-7-19_0-22-28.png

Upvote 24
It's one of the only things keeping me running a separate PBX which includes HylaFax/AvantFax. 3CX should have this capability.

Anything FAX related is missing ^^

+1

Any additionnal infos ? Is it available or is there any way to send it through 3cx officially ?

This is an idea forum, ksanch. If it gets enough votes/attention, 3cx may consider adding it. right now, there is no way to do this within 3cx.

Reactions: ksanch
I am hoping 3CX will reconsider this as well. Even if they require an Enterprise license - as they are doing for logos in the SP6 beta templates.

If desktop fax is ever supported, it will need a one or more oft the following to be HIPAA/PCI compliant- web interface/print driver/app for sending faxes. An email interface would also be welcome.

Agree!

3CX will not develop outbound fax. Its hopelessly outdated way of communicating and you should try to avoid it by using PDF instead. If you absolutely can not, there are fax server and fax sending tools out there that work fine with 3CX, such as t38printer (https://www.t38printer.de/) zoiper or goldbolt fax. Also you can just send the fax using the fax machine you have which often comes with software to send faxes.

Reactions: cobaltit
Hi Nick, I totally agree on that's an old way of communicating but some customers still use it... Thanks for the solutions suggested, we'll try it.

Have a nice day.

Reactions: Nick Galea
Refusing to support outbound fax is going to lose you customers. I understand that the technically minded among us consider it antiquated and unnecessary, but the businesses we support absolutely must have it in many cases. It is required in government and medical work quite often.

Unfortunately the reason I have to sell a third party fax solution with most of my customers. I really hate doing that and keeping track of those accounts. Seems every system I sell has a fax requirement for outbound faxing.

it would be great to have an outbound SIP/t.38 fax feature built in to a print driver or an upload utility works through the webclient only. And I do agree that Faxing is WAY to old of tech, but some industries have to have something that will tie them over... even these days.

Refusing to support outbound fax is going to lose you customers. I understand that the technically minded among us consider it antiquated and unnecessary, but the businesses we support absolutely must have it in many cases. It is required in government and medical work quite often.

I don't understand how a PBX not providing fax is going to lose customers. Fax uses a fax line. PBX handles voice. Those business who require faxes want real fax machines connected to real phones. You'd be silly to put a PBX in between. We support a lot of these types of business and we keep POTS lines for that or we put them on our store-and-forward fax ATAs for real faxing because it needs to work all the time. Perfectly happy with 3CX rejecting this because this is a borderline gimmicky feature that detracts from it's primary purpose.

Last edited:
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.