• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX Backup - 7+ Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Hackett

Customer
Reaction score
Hi,

I'd just like to check about the backup of our 3CX system. It's currently taking over 7 hours to backup. This seems like quite a long time to say that the current backup files are only 100GB. This seems an awfully long time to backup.

Is it down to the compression that is causing this to take such a long time. We have chosen to backup recordings but would this be better handled by something else?

We are on a Professional Perpetual Version Number 15.5.0

Cheers

Chris

The only reason it would take that long is if you are choosing to backup recordings. Generally a 3CX backup (without recordings) only takes a minute. If your 3CX is on-prim, then I would propose you backup the recordings separately using whatever backup tool you use for backing up your servers.

OK, I'll have to look to backup these files separately then. I guess if the backup starts running into the time our staff are in the office it could cause issues with quality of calls?

Cheers

Chris

I would think that depends more on the available CPU power of the on-prem 3CX server and what recordings are being performed while the backup is still running. That would place a significant load on the HSS subsystem.

As above I would look at other ways of backing up the call recordings - on a couple of system we managed we copy them separately using robocopy on windows machines.

Also remember if you have to restore the backup for any reason, it will take the same amount of time to restore - can you be without a system for this amount of time.

If you have included the call recordings, then it is normal that it takes longer time to complete the backup.
Also, if the backup takes this much time, the restore will take longer. Just something you should take into consideration in-case there is a failure.
From personal experience, it is better not to include call recordings in backup.
Find another way to deal with the call recordings, like storing into an Iscsi drive or something. It will help you save a lot of time.

Thanks for your help everyone.

Cheers

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Imperial Treasure
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.