• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Cisco SPA 504G phone is not making calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

ANaeem

Reaction score
Steps I followed to configure:
1- Factory reset
2- Create a extention
3- On cisco web enter the provisioning link in the profile rule box.
4- Phone reboots but nothing changes

Are the phones local or remote?

is your url syntax correct ? Have you updated SPA phones to latest firmware as recommended by 3cx ?

is your url syntax correct ? Have you updated SPA phones to latest firmware as recommended by 3cx ?
Yes the firmware is 7.6.1 as mentioned on 3cx website. For the url link I tried rebooting both with putting the provisioning link in the profile rule tab and also trying putting 'http://192.168.1.6/provisioning/$MA.xml' where number is ip address of phone but both rebooted but non worked. Is that the correct syntax?

Did you not read the guide that was linked?

bl4ELBQRPOl11eWps93aOGAvo4OdsJAM4iDik0ah6xv9s6353CN8LJ6DFAjVWhWNNEtrJX22VZNfBmiCH2EL6dF7DTOf0xm2B419dAQpcy8JWm5vgyDt-KBS13ZkxLeR0w

If you put the URL in like that it won't work, especially if you used the IP address of the phone as you just said because that means you told the phone to look at itself for a provisioning file which clearly isn't going to work.

Did you not read the guide that was linked?

bl4ELBQRPOl11eWps93aOGAvo4OdsJAM4iDik0ah6xv9s6353CN8LJ6DFAjVWhWNNEtrJX22VZNfBmiCH2EL6dF7DTOf0xm2B419dAQpcy8JWm5vgyDt-KBS13ZkxLeR0w

If you put the URL in like that it won't work, especially if you used the IP address of the phone as you just said because that means you told the phone to look at itself for a provisioning file which clearly isn't going to work.
I have. That's where I am following the steps from. Yes I put the provisioning link I got as highlighted below:
upload_2018-7-23_15-12-21.png

my last SPA install i had to do this way via web browser to force it. Was a bit flaky the other way

Try the resync command mentioned by Robertos and the second guide i linked. You will need to adjust the URL to your case.

Try the resync command mentioned by Robertos and the second guide i linked. You will need to adjust the URL to your case.
I have tried the second link already. Sorry I am not sure what u mean by the resync command that Robertos mentioned. Can u explain that. Thanks in advance

I had a few queries that I wanted to make sure are not the one causing issues:
1- I have a dynamic IP
2- My connection type is DHCP
3- I am in NAT mode

Could these cause issue or it does not matter.

Last edited:
@ANaeem
Steps to follow:
1- Factory reset
2- Create a extention
3- On cisco web
Ext 1 > Proxy and Registration >
Proxy : your local IP address:5060
Register : Yes

Subscriber Information :
Display name :
User ID : (Provide extension number)
Password : (Provide Authentication password)
Use Auth ID : Yes
Auth ID : (Provide Authentication ID, we have kept it as the extension number, you can see it in 3cx management console, extension > general > authentication)
> Submit All Changes

Phone will reboot and will be registered.

I am referring to this command that is also mentioned in the second link.
Yes phone is local. That url is to get in to the cisco website. Not for the profile link.

@ANaeem
Steps to follow:
1- Factory reset
2- Create a extention
3- On cisco web
Ext 1 > Proxy and Registration >
Proxy : your local IP address:5060
Register : Yes

Subscriber Information :
Display name :
User ID : (Provide extension number)
Password : (Provide Authentication password)
Use Auth ID : Yes
Auth ID : (Provide Authentication ID, we have kept it as the extension number, you can see it in 3cx management console, extension > general > authentication)
> Submit All Changes

Phone will reboot and will be registered.
Thanks a lot for that very clear instructions. However when I am trying this the phone just displays 'checking DNS' forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albert.f
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.