• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Forbidden calls when transfering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oli Robison

Customer
Reaction score
If a call comes in through the IVR then onto a ring group and the person answering the call transfers to another extension 2 out of 3 times it will say forbidden and also when the caller is on the line there is no ring tone

Hello @Oli Robison

Can you please let us know of the PBX version you are running? You can see the exact build number on the Dashboard under the Information column. Also is this a on premise or hosted installation?
Are you using IP phones or 3CX clients?
What type of transfer are you using, attended or blind?
Can you replicate the issue if the call to the IVR comes from a internal extension? Are you using a Sip trunk or gateway for calls?

Hi

We are running 15.5.0 running a on premise install. The phones are snom 710's

We are trying to do attended transfer, call comes in put it on hold, dial the extension who its for and talk to them when we try to transfer it is when it goes forbidden

We are using a SIP trunk

Have tried going via the IVR internally and the same issue happens, first two attempts are forbidden and goes on the 3rd.

Can you use a 3CX client to perform the transfer? Let me know if the result is the same.

Hi 3cx client works fine

Hi, I have done some more testing and I cant re-create the issue with 3cx client, it just happens from the phone

Thank you for the update. I tried to replicate the issue but i was not able to. The transfer always works when trying to transfer from a Snom 710. What i do is answer the call on the Snom 710 then place the caller On hold and dial the new extension. Once the callee agrees to take the call i hot the "xfer" button and then the OK button. The transfer completes every time.

Are you using the default 3CX templates and the supported firmware? Are the phones local to the server or remote?

Thank you for the update. I tried to replicate the issue but i was not able to. The transfer always works when trying to transfer from a Snom 710. What i do is answer the call on the Snom 710 then place the caller On hold and dial the new extension. Once the callee agrees to take the call i hot the "xfer" button and then the OK button. The transfer completes every time.

Are you using the default 3CX templates and the supported firmware? Are the phones local to the server or remote?

Hi

They are using up to date firmware and normal templates. the phones are local to the server. Its after the put the call on hold and try to speak to someone else that they get the forbidden

They are using up to date firmware and normal templates. the phones are local to the server. Its after the put the call on hold and try to speak to someone else that they get the forbidden
So the issue is not actually with the transfer, is when they try to open a new line to talk to the person they will transfer the call to.
Can you describe the procedure the users are using to do so? Do they have line as BLF keys or they press hold and just start dialling ?

Hi, they are pushing hold and dialing the ext number no blf keys

I would recommend creating a ticket with our support department regarding this issue as they will need to go through the PBX logs and configuration to determine what is causing this behaviour. On my side i cannot replicate this behaviour

Hi no problem what is the best way to raise with the support?

You can have your reseller open a case for you or purchase a support ticket through your costumer portal: https://customer.3cx.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.