• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Edit Template 3CX Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randall Caudill

Bronze Partner
Basic Certified
Reaction score
Is there a way to edit config template in 3CX cloud hosted? Want to specify different backgrounds for each phone......

Hello @Randall Caudill

Are you using the one year 3CX free hosted instances? If so then templates are not available for editing. You will need to install the PBX on your own instance to be able to access the templates.

Hello @Randall Caudill

Are you using the one year 3CX free hosted instances? If so then templates are not available for editing. You will need to install the PBX on your own instance to be able to access the templates.

so the only way to be able to edit templates is to install locally and not use the cloud?

so the only way to be able to edit templates is to install locally and not use the cloud?
No, if you install on the cloud on an instance you control then you can edit the templates. You do not have access to the templates only when using the 1 year free 3CX hosting.

No, if you install on the cloud on an instance you control then you can edit the templates. You do not have access to the templates only when using the 1 year free 3CX hosting.

okay..... still 3CX hosted or I need to find my own cloud hosting?

nevermind.... i see now. i'll look into it. Thanks!

Glad i could assist

You can perform a backup and save it so you won't lose the configuration and restore the backup to the installation to the new cloud provider.
To do so i would recommend:
Perform a backup without licence and FQDN to google drive or another location you can access to download the file.
Perform the Installation to the new cloud provider and restore the backup with your configuration. You can use the same licence and FQDN.
If you use the same licence and FQDN send me a p.m as we will need to delete the 3CX hosted PBX so there are no conflicts with the activation.

You can perform a backup and save it so you won't lose the configuration and restore the backup to the installation to the new cloud provider.
To do so i would recommend:
Perform a backup without licence and FQDN to google drive or another location you can access to download the file.
Perform the Installation to the new cloud provider and restore the backup with your configuration. You can use the same licence and FQDN.
If you use the same licence and FQDN send me a p.m as we will need to delete the 3CX hosted PBX so there are no conflicts with the activation.

Where do I get the pbxexpress install file? Or do I just start a new trial per se and use existing key? What changes when I become a reseller?

The PBX express tool can help you deploy a 3CX PBX to supported platforms either using a free or a paid licence. There is no change to how PBX Express works if you are a reseller or end user.
For more information regarding what the benefits are for being a reseller i would recommend contacting our costumer support department as they will be able to provide more info
https://www.3cx.com/company/contact/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samuel_1997
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.