• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Yealink T56A cannot answer outside call

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hank Burton

Bronze Partner
Intermediate Cert.
Reaction score
We just started with 3CX, and it's going well. We have setup a Yealink T56A phone. We can make calls with it. However, we cannot answer calls from the outside with it. Answering internal extension calls work. For external calls, we call and pickup the handset or press the speaker button but the call doesn't complete and ultimately goes to voicemail. If the handset is put back on the phone then the call does hang up.

Answering external calls from the iOS app or the Windows desktop app does work.

Is there something on the phone we need to change? Before provisioning the phone, the latest firmware from 3CX was applied.

Thanks for your help.

Is there anything in the 3CX Activity Log that shows what might be going on when the call is answered? The set should behave no differently than when answering an internal call. Do you have more than one external trunk group? If so, does this happen on all? Have you tested with just the one Yealink phone?

In the call log, I can see where it states that the incoming calls from my cell phone are "Not Answered". In the event log, there are no errors or warnings during this call testing period. I see a bunch of "registered" and "unregistered" entries in the Event Log but I'm not sure what these mean or if they are relevant.

Only one external trunk group.

Going to setup a Yealink T48S now to see what happens. So far these are the only two desktop phones we have. The rest of us are using the softphones.

I just setup the T48S, and it does handle incoming calls from external sources as expected. Receives call. We pickup handset. Call is answered. So, I'm guessing it's something with the T56A phone but I don't know what - firmware or config.

If it is not too difficult, perhaps try a different (older) firmware version, to see if the current one has an issue. Or delete, the extension settings, reset the phone, and start over.

Tried the older firmware before leaving for the day. Downloaded 58.80.0.40 and installed it. No difference. Previously it was 58.80.0.65. I'll reinstall the 65 version.

Haven't tried the reset the phone and started over. This is a fresh install / config.

Hello @Hank Burton

How are the phones provisioned? Are they local to the PBX or remote? If remote are you using STUN or SBC?

Remote PBX. STUN provisioning.

I replaced the firmware to the .65 version - latest from 3CX for that phone.

I created a custom template for the phone and enabled the feature: features.off_hook_answer.enable

It was blank in the default config. Made a new template, and I set it to 1. Reprovisioned the phone with this template but that didn't make a difference. When the handset is picked up from an external call, the phone doesn't complete the answering process. I also tried with a USB headset and speaker and both had the same result.

I removed the T56A phone from the extension and provisioned a T48S against it and the same location. That phone does answer with the handset and headset as expected.

I moved the T56A to another location and provisioned with the default config and external calls still are not answered as expected when the handset is picked up.

Do you only have one T56A or can you test with a different one as i have tried replicating the scenario and i was not able to.

We only have 1.

This is not a DID for this phone extension. We're using the Digital Receptionist. Not sure if that would make a difference. Just FYI.

Just tried routing the call through an IVR as well and i could still answer the call. Create a new extension and without changing any settings try to provision the phone to that extension and see if that works. Under the trunk settings / Options / Advanced are the options "Supports Re-Invite" and "Support Replaces" enabled? If so disable them and try again.

In the trunk settings these options were already disabled.

In the extension settings, these options were enabled. I disabled them, made call from an external line and the phone answered after pickup of the handset. We'll try it out.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattS
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.