• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Bridge with Mitel 3300

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Steinhoff

Platinum Partner
Basic Certified
Reaction score
I'm working with a sister company to create interoffice extension dialing. They have a Mitel 3300 and are configuring a trunk. I've created a Master Bridge on the my 3CX 15.5 PBX. I've given the tech who's working on the Mitel system the Virtual Extension Number and the Authentication Password.

They're showing that their trunk is UP UP. My bridge is showing a red icon.

When I dial out the activity log shows error "There are no available outbound lines on Trunk"

When they dial in the error is "Credentials don't match, check that authorization-ID and password match the ones in extension settings"

Any help with this configuration would be greatly appreciated.

When I dial out the activity log shows error "There are no available outbound lines on Trunk"

Unless you have placed a limitation on the number of channels that can be used on that trunk group, the error may be because of a message from the Mitel PBX. (Doesn't know where to route the call based on digits received?) You may have to employ Wireshark to confirm.

As far as the password...if you cut and paste, that can introduce spaces, that while not visible, will cause a failure. Perhaps try a very basic password as a test, remembering to change to something more secure, once you correct the issue.

Does their end (Mitel) show a successful registration? If so, then I have to assume that the user/password you gave them worked.

Last edited:
Are we talking about the same bridge that 3CX uses to connect two 3CX servers together? If we are, that doesn't work as a bridge to a Mitel PBX does it? My understanding is that you have to create a SIP trunk on both servers and then make the necessary outbound rules that send the appropriate calls over the SIP trunk. Just making sure what you mean by "Master Bridge".

Are we talking about the same bridge that 3CX uses to connect two 3CX servers together? If we are, that doesn't work as a bridge to a Mitel PBX does it? My understanding is that you have to create a SIP trunk on both servers and then make the necessary outbound rules that send the appropriate calls over the SIP trunk. Just making sure what you mean by "Master Bridge".

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I'm using the Master Bridge that 3CX uses to connect two 3CX servers. According to this document that references connecting a 3CX to an Asterisk PBX, on the 3CX side you setup a Master Bridge and then use that authentication information on a SIP trunk from the other PBX. We've used that configuration on an Elastix to 3CX connection.

Unless you have placed a limitation on the number of channels that can be used on that trunk group, the error may be because of a message from the Mitel PBX. (Doesn't know where to route the call based on digits received?) You may have to employ Wireshark to confirm.

As far as the password...if you cut and paste, that can introduce spaces, that while not visible, will cause a failure. Perhaps try a very basic password as a test, remembering to change to something more secure, once you correct the issue.

Does their end (Mitel) show a successful registration? If so, then I have to assume that the user/password you gave them worked.

Thanks for the reply.

On their side they are saying that the SIP trunk is UP UP. However, on my side the bridge is showing a red icon instead of a green one so from my side it doesn't look like it's connected. I believe that's why I'm getting the error regarding there being no available lines on the trunk.

I'm trying to get back online with the sister company in a situation where I can actually see their screens and hopefully find an issue with what they're configuring. I had a SIP trunk between the two of us previously and they were able to dial my extension but it messed with their dial plan so we went back to the Master Bridge on my side to try to get that to work. I've seen other people online have been able to connect a Mitel 3300 to a 3CX but haven't been able to find full details of the Mitel side of the configuration anywhere.

Thanks for the reply.

On their side they are saying that the SIP trunk is UP UP. However, on my side the bridge is showing a red icon instead of a green one so from my side it doesn't look like it's connected. I believe that's why I'm getting the error regarding there being no available lines on the trunk.

I'm trying to get back online with the sister company in a situation where I can actually see their screens and hopefully find an issue with what they're configuring. I had a SIP trunk between the two of us previously and they were able to dial my extension but it messed with their dial plan so we went back to the Master Bridge on my side to try to get that to work. I've seen other people online have been able to connect a Mitel 3300 to a 3CX but haven't been able to find full details of the Mitel side of the configuration anywhere.
Did you get anywhere with this as we have the same scenario coming up soon.

Did you get anywhere with this as we have the same scenario coming up soon.
Yes, I wound up creating a SIP trunk on my side and created DIDs for all of my extensions. After I did that the Mitel side was able to call into my extensions. They also created a SIP trunk on their side to connect to the 3CX. I created an outbound rule that stripped out the first digit of a five digit dial with the first digit being 3 and was able to call into them without issue.

Tim - do you have the specific programming that you did to get the 3CX side and Mitel side up? I have tried to setup a SIP trunk on the 3CX and a SIP trunk on the Mitel 3300 side and I'm able to get the SIP trunk up but cannot make calls between systems

Tim - do you have the specific programming that you did to get the 3CX side and Mitel side up? I have tried to setup a SIP trunk on the 3CX and a SIP trunk on the Mitel 3300 side and I'm able to get the SIP trunk up but cannot make calls between systems
Hi Chris - On the 3CX side I created a generic SIP trunk. I put in the SBC IP address that was provided by the other side. No authentication required as it's IP based and we created rules on the firewalls to let the traffic through. I set my main trunk number to be the same as what they would dial into my side. I created a DID to match each of my extension numbers and then assigned the DIDs to their respective extensions. Everything else I left with the default options.

I don't have the config on the Mitel side but have asked the person who configured it for his settings so that I can share it on here.

Thank you for the reply Tim! If you can post the Mitel programming side that would be awesome! I was able to get the SIP trunk registered, I set it as a registered SIP trunk on both sides, but I cannot get incoming or outgoing calls to pass over it. In my setup we are using the Mitel 3300 as the SIP trunk connection to the SIP carrier and want to pass calls from the SIP carrier through the Mitel 3300 down to the 3CX system for incoming calls and outgoing the opposite way, from the 3CX system to the Mitel 3300 and then out to the SIP carrier.

Now I'm just trying to get extension dialing from Mitel to 3CX and vice versa and have not been able to get them up. I will check my settings compared to the notes you sent today and give it a shot again. Thanks again for the response and I look forward to the Mitel side or any other notes or ideas you can think of to help get incoming/outoing calls working between the 2 systems.

Just to say that we have a working link now between a Mitel 3300 and a 3CX.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murad88
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.