• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Less Battery Usage, OPUS codec support and more with the 3CX Android App Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeonidasG_3CX

Support Team
Staff member
Reaction score
The BETA release of the latest 3CX client for Android was very well received. Our development team worked hard on making massive improvements to the app, adding new features and also making some interface changes - all to make the user\'s experience more seamless. Some of the features worth highlighting are less battery and memory usage, the PUSH f...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ecom2 and jed
"Improvements in PUSH reliability – made more robust and reliable".

Still the Software behaves not as it should:
you press back two times to exit the app (the same as if you press the middle button). ok. Calls are still coming in.
But if you use the task switcher and close the window of the 3CX client, no call will come in.
Also if you just use the close all option of the Task switcher, the phone will not ring any more.

In my opinion, the only way to disable incoming calls should be the "Exit - Ignores Push" option in the Menu of the App.

I dont think I am the only one who uses the android task switcher frequently to press the close all appsbutton. Still I expect that my phone rings after closing all windows. Also I think that nobody will expect that the close of apps will stop services running in the background (like phone, wifi, email). If 3cx wants to sell the Android Client as a full featured Phone, it should behave like a phone.

On the IOS Platform this works as expected. Another reason why I think this is a defect.

Last edited:
Please read the blog post and changelogs more carefully, you'll find all the information you need there. In regards to any requests you have, please visit the ideas forum and post your ideas, thoughts and suggestions there.

Still the Software behaves not as it should:
you press back two times to exit the app (the same as if you press the middle button).

This is a feature. If you think it should be removed, petition for this through the ideas forum and get your thread upvoted by real users with the same opinion as you.

In my opinion, the only way to disable incoming calls should be the "Exit - Ignores Push" option in the Menu of the App.

The only way to disable incoming calls IS the option you've mentioned above. I believe you are likely misinformed on how this works.

But if you use the task switcher and close the window of the 3CX client, no call will come in.
Also if you just use the close all option of the Task switcher, the phone will not ring any more.

In this case, there's something wrong on your side. Please consult the 3CX PBX manuals or contact 3CX Support for help on how to do this. The reason why this forum is not full of threads titled "PUSH doesn't work" is because it actually works. Configuration issues like this are easily resolvable with a little bit of time spent on basic troubleshooting.

Alternatively you open a thread in the 3CX Clients > Android part of the forum, someone from the community will likely help you out with why PUSH isn't working for you.

Can i also suggest going through the appropriate channels in order to resolve any issues you have? Replying to blog posts with lists of issues you're experiencing won't resolve them.

Last edited:
Leonidas,
I think I read the release notes carefully. But I dont see anything regarding the problem I experience.
If you have the time, please explain.

Thank you.

I just updated 3CX For Android on my Samsung S5, and it simply will not connect. The status indicator says "connecting to network" forever. I've uninstalled and gone back to V4.2. Is there a procedure anywhere to install this new version? Or do we just hit UPDATE in the Google Play Store like other apps?

@Leonidas:
If you just had replied: push should work even if the app is closed with the taskswitcher, that would have been enough. Then I would have known at least that the intended functionality is what I expect.

But you should understand, that if previously push worked with my phone, and stopped after installing the update, I started wondering if you/changed functionality versus the old version. Therefore I replied and tried to explain.

If you dislike comments to your post, why not make an "announcement"? usually the BBS should have an option to make a post without the option to reply. Then comments will go to other places.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.