• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Change Fax Server Ext. from 888

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Horner

Reaction score
Bit of a long shot as I don't think it's possible, however is there anyway to change the fax server ext. away from 888? we won't be using faxes, but all of our external door comms dial 888 on our current phone system, and it's going to be really long winded to change the number they dial (it's an old analogue system).

I've set the door comms unit up using a gateway, and I can see the calls coming into 3CX, but it dials 888, so if i can change the fax server ext. to something else that'd be ideal.

many thanks,

Hello @Matt Horner

Please note that it is not possible to change the Fax extension of the PBX. I would recommend posting your idea on https://www.3cx.com/community/forums/3cx-ideas/ . All posts are reviewed by their corresponding Departments and, if feasible and voted for by other users as well, may be implemented in an upcoming service pack or update.

Reactions: Matt Horner
I thought as much, not a problem thank you for your quick response.

Glad i could assist

Haven't tried it, but if you gave another extension the SIP ID of 888, which takes priority?

Haven't tried it, but if you gave another extension the SIP ID of 888, which takes priority?
The system will not allow the creation of a second extension with the same number.

Not a second extension with the same number, but, giving (for example) extension 201 the SIP ID of 888. which takes priority? Extension 888 or SIP ID 888? Or will it allow the assignment of that SIP ID to another extension? As I say, have not tried it. Just a thought.

Reactions: craigreilly
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmirLD
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.