• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Not detecting Fanvil X5S phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmatano

Platinum Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
As the title states, we received some Fanvil X5S phones, but 3CX is not detecting any of them as I place them on the network. I went into one of the phones and upgraded them to the latest firmware posted on the 3CX site. the firmware upgrade was successful and they still aren't showing.

We have already deployed a number of X2 and X3S phones so this does work on our network. The only thing I did differently with these was I added the MAC addresses to hotdesking when I received them on our shipping invoice. I deleted the entry for one of the phones, but it still will not show in available phones.

We use 100% hotdesking so assigning a phone to a user doesn't really help.

Any ideas?

Update: I solved the issue. Under "Auto Provision" -> "SIP PnP" there is a server prepopulated in there. Soon as I updated this to the 3CX server, the phone showed up.

Hopefully there is a config change that you can release to change this from happening as this is definitely annoying to have to change each phone manually.

Fanvils very often come with weird default settings. As a rule of thumb, every time I get new Fanvils, I do a factory reset, and they always show up without issue after that.

Fanvils very often come with weird default settings. As a rule of thumb, every time I get new Fanvils, I do a factory reset, and they always show up without issue after that.
Yeah I tried that, it still populated the same weird info in that field.

Hi

Are you using STUN for these phones? I had some issue provisioning with STUN before. There can be an issue if you've got option 66 (TBC) on DHCP and it doesn't point to your 3CX provisioning URL.

As stated here https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/fanvil-x3-x5/ you should use RPS for STUN. They're deffo a lot more fiddly than Yealink but for the price I won't complain.

Hello @jmatano

Is the preconfigured server address 224.0.1.75? If so then that is the IP that PnP requests are sent so the server can pick them up and that phones should show up in the PBX if the server is listening correctly for PnP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.